Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

John Deere 325 snow plow lift kit install help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rabidcoyote97 OFFLINE  

rabidcoyote97

• Member No: 7061
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:23 AM

Hello!

I`m a newbie to the forum. Last spring I bought a used John Deere 325 garden tractor. The tractor came with a 48" snow plow. However, it does not currently have the lift kit (previous owner sold snow blower attachment and lift kit together). I recently purchased the lift kit and figured I would install the kit after my last grass cutting session, which should be (hopefully) this weekend.

I've never installed a kit like this. There isn't a whole lot to the kit, but god only knows what I might run into. If anyone has done this before, can you let me know what to expect? Other than the deck coming off, are there things that need to be disassembled before this can be installed?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 14,587 Thanks
  • 21,433 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:32 AM

:welcome: to GTTalk.

Hopefully,the person with the info you need will be along soon.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 7,378 Thanks
  • 12,584 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 09:39 AM

Welcome to GTTAlk. The problem with JD accessories is that the instructions for installation usually come with the attachment or accessory. You may get installation instructions with the lift kit. One good resource is JDParts.com. You can do a model search and find the tractor, attachments and accessories and look at the parts diagrams. I have never had a 325 but I would think that the install would be straight forward. If you give it some time there may be someone along with more specific info. on this.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,291 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 10:09 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.

#5 rabidcoyote97 OFFLINE  

rabidcoyote97

• Member No: 7061
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 05:48 PM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! The kit did come with directions, but neither the images nor the instructions are very clear. I've been on JDparts, and the exploded diagram photo was great as far as knowing what to order, but doesn't tell you much about installation. I plan on cutting the grass tomorrow, and hopefully get some info during the week that will make the lift kit install possible next weekend.