• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 01:01 PM

Going to be making a DB Express run over to Chicago and Valpo, IN this weekend. Some DB tractors are now in the wrong states and this must be corrected. If your driving down an interstate in one of the these areas this weekend, see handle bars and other strange looking iron thing sticking up out of a truck, dont panic, its not an invasion, its just me.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 01:14 PM

I won't be able to see you unless you come all the way to WV to buy some of my parts DBs LOL.

#3 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 01:30 PM

Funny part of this trip is that some of the stuff is going to end up in VA, at another DB collectors shed. 2 of my very orginal DB tractors are going to IN to made into one perfect 46' model. Both tractor are low series number ones, have the wide hood latches, and even the choke pull rods that are ussally missing. The other stuff is from a super 300 that was a complete tractor in july be now for some reason is a pile of parts. Never know where ill end up at before i have to get back to work Monday nite.

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 02:56 PM

Good luck with your run. Hope the DB's get resettled without difficulty.

#5 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 03:18 PM

I won't be able to see you unless you come all the way to WV to buy some of my parts DBs LOL.

wvbuzzmaster i would love to come down there with an empty truck and trailor,that way i'd be sure of getting alot of db stuff.Icant seem to find much here in Ontario.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 03:38 PM

My sister used to live in Valparaiso. I guess that's the town you abbreviated?

#7 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 03:57 PM

I spent years in Valpo 71-74 and didn't hear about Orville Reddenbacher until much later . Poppin good popcorn.

#8 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 09:10 AM

Funny part of this trip is that some of the stuff is going to end up in VA, at another DB collectors shed. 2 of my very orginal DB tractors are going to IN to made into one perfect 46' model. Both tractor are low series number ones, have the wide hood latches, and even the choke pull rods that are ussally missing. The other stuff is from a super 300 that was a complete tractor in july be now for some reason is a pile of parts. Never know where ill end up at before i have to get back to work Monday nite.

Lauber1 are you bringing the the one's to VA later on, strange how these things move from place to place

#9 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:56 PM

nope. Im back home now without the 2 DB's and most of the super 300. The small parts of the 300 are going by mail to VA and the rest of the stuff is probally looking for a new owner. Cant say but i dont think he's wanting to ship it out to VA as there bigger stuff like the hood, both tires and rims, the motor mount, and handle bars.

The DB Express has been around for yrs. Vast amounts of DB stuff has gone both ways across the county. Im a holding area for stuff. Sometimes it come to me and sometimes i bring it home from a show, to hold for another party to pick up This was started though the yahoo groups, where at one time there were a lot more people. There are even people with DB express on their truck plates, i know of one in ohio, one in MN, and one in Wis. Im cheap and havent gotten the plates. but thats how it works, sometimes it fast and other times you have to wait until the items can hitch the next ride. As far as i know there no charge for this service, as you may need something hauled back for anywhere.

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 04:37 AM

Glad you're home safe and sound.

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 05:42 AM

That DB Express sounds pretty cool. Glad to see something like that set up. Must have taken a lot of planning to get it going to begin with. Glad to hear of no problems in your travels.