sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 07:19 PM

I was at a tractor dealer today picking up paint for my mf10.......I mentioned the bushhog lawnmowers and that it was something I was looking to find. The young guy at the counter said that they had manuals on them....he proceeded to pull up a binder full of bushhog literature ( had the d4-10 owners manual etc) I told him I would be interested in buying the whole binder or individual manuals)......he kind of brushed off my request and the conversation went another way. I left my contact information and asked that they call me if they did decide to sell them......

I was sick I could not broker that deal......I bought another binder of Yanmar manuals a while back.......it was a great find.....

Daniel are their any manuals that you have not seen or found?? I may be able to go back to them with another angle to see what they have.....let me know what is needed to be uploaded to the site....maybe they would agree to that.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 07:23 PM

It seems to depend on the guy... Sometimes them knowing you're going to share them with the world & not try to turn a quick eBay buck makes a difference. You might ask if you could scan one... Then take it from there if it goes well.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 10:27 PM

Daniel are their any manuals that you have not seen or found?? I may be able to go back to them with another angle to see what they have.....let me know what is needed to be uploaded to the site....maybe they would agree to that.

Yes, there are a few I've not found yet. The guy at Bush Hog was working at getting all he had into pdf form, but he was sidelined by other work. When he gets them done he is planning to send them all to me. No telling when that might be though.

#4 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 06:29 AM

If anyone can give me a list of what is missing I will go back by the dealership to see if they have them. I just don't know enough about was available to ask them.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 08:35 AM

If anyone can give me a list of what is missing I will go back by the dealership to see if they have them. I just don't know enough about was available to ask them.

I'll check as soon as possible. Busy today on the farm.

#6 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted October 27, 2011 - 01:32 PM

I keep hoping to find a manual for the D4-12. I have the one for the D4-10, which I have assumed is similar, but it surely would be nice to have a copy of the correct one. When I requested a D4-12 manual from the nice folks at Bush Hog, they sent a copy of the manual for the HD-12, which is not the same at all.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 08:22 AM

I keep hoping to find a manual for the D4-12. I have the one for the D4-10, which I have assumed is similar, but it surely would be nice to have a copy of the correct one. When I requested a D4-12 manual from the nice folks at Bush Hog, they sent a copy of the manual for the HD-12, which is not the same at all.

A copy of the HD-12 manual on the site would be great though :D

#8 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 08:35 AM

Really disapointed with the dealer. I went by there last week and had the bushhogs on the trailer.......asked about the manuals.....they half looked (first time I was there the young man reached under the counter and pulled out the bush hog book and they were in there) and then took my information......from the response I got I am not expecting a return call. I drove 20 miles over there 3 months ago to buy paint for my massey mf10 restoration....spent about $75.......don't expect someone to bend over backwards......but this was a reasonable request. It was a rainy day and they were not busy. I told them i would be willing to pay for copies.....I will try again in a month or so .......maybe get someone more willing to help.
And businesses wonder why they are not doing well.......

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 10:10 AM

A copy of the HD-12 manual on the site would be great though :D

I think I uploaded the HD-12 manual George.
  • NUTNDUN said thank you

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:40 PM

I think I uploaded the HD-12 manual George.

Thanks buddy, I thought you might have but wasn't sure.

#11 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted January 02, 2014 - 06:57 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know, I just updated the bush hog brochure in the manuals section. This one is perfect no scratches, holes, etc.

if you have downloaded the one I uploaded earlier, you will want to delete it and replace it with this one. No comparison.

Click here to go to the new uploaded brochure.

http://gardentractor...h-hog-brochure/

• Cat385B said thank you