#1 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Any one here have a ledger plate and rivet I could buy.:confuse: My midland 30" mower is missing one. The same end that the bar was broke on. Check with Jari this morning and based on what he was telling me I believe one of their bars shortened up to 30" will work. I do have to remove 3 rivets for the connector bar and put in three 4 rivets that they leave out for their connector link. Their price for the bar is $89.00 plus shipping.
If I go that route I will provide some feed back.

#2 wobbly OFFLINE  

wobbly

• Member No: 6318
  • 6 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hi Brokenfeather: Did you try Tractor Supply? I just replaced 10 teeth and a ledger plate on an old Gravely sickle bar. I got the universal teeth and rivets at TSC. I had to rheem the holes, they were about 1/16" too close and file the shoulders to make them fit. Perhaps if you checked-out replacement rock guards you my be able to either file and grind the rock guard to fit or remove the ledger plate and rivet it to your existing rock guard. The only down side is I had to buy a pound of rivets when I only needed about 16 to do the job. These are not original but they work as well and I know I saved big bucks. I fixed the mower to cut brush not to look at so price is a real consideration. Best to you and good luck wobbly

#3 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 06:18 PM

My mover has the 2" sections and all the rock guards I've seen at the local Farm and Fleet are for the 3" sections. I don't want to convert the mower. Just hoping someone might have purchased some it the past before they stopped manufacturing them. So far no one has come forward with any help.

#4 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:16 PM

I went to visit a fellow GT enthusiast yesterday to get some measurements off of a buzz saw attachment he had for a walk behind simplicity. Got to jawing as us guys will when around a lot of equipment which I must say he had an abundance of. I asked if he had any sickle mowers for the walk behind that he could spare some parts off of. As luck would have it I was able to get a complete used Rock guard so I'm no good to go.:bounce: Need to decide what to do about the broken sickle section carrier. It's missing 2" on the end. May just weld on a piece and re-drill for a new section. At least I have all the hard to find parts now.
Thank you Jerrie :worshippy2:

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 01:45 AM

Good to hear you found your parts. Nice when conversation turns into progress.

#6 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6989
  • 276 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted November 02, 2011 - 03:25 PM

What do you mean by the sickle section carrier? The bar that the sections are riveted to?
I have a lot of sickle sections and some old sickles, if that is what you are looking for I have a Jari and could measure it to see if I have something that would work.

#7 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:37 AM

Dan P thanks for the reply. The bar that has the sickle sections riveted to it is what broke. It is approximately 1/4 " thick and 3/4 " wide and 30 inches long. As long as it is for the 2" sickle section it can be cut down to the proper length. I think the shortest Jari bar is 32" long. At least that's what Andy at Jari told me. If you have a bar that would be great, let me know what condition and price. Maybe we can work something out. I've included a picture of my old bar. I removed the missing sections . I also have new sections for the bar. Was thinking about adding a 2" section to it and replacing the bad sections. A complete bar would be a better option.

Attached Thumbnails

• sickle bar with infromation.jpg

#8 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 276 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 12:58 PM

What is the distance between the rivets? Also the distance front to back of the section?

#9 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 05:53 PM

Dan P
Here you are. This is a simplicity sickle section.

Attached Thumbnails

• sickle section with label.jpg

#10 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 276 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted November 03, 2011 - 08:37 PM

I found 2" sections but no complete sickle yet. I will look some more this weekend when it is lighter. I do have a number of bars but they are drilled for 3" sections. You could re-drill them if you wanted to. Let me look some more. I surprise even myself as to what I can find around this place.

#11 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 276 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 12:37 PM

I looked today and I can't find a 2" sickle. I do have the bar that is 1/4 X 3/4 but it is drilled for 3" sections. I held a 2" section up to it and it looks like you would only have to drill every other hole so that would not be that bad if you have a drill press. If you want it I will be glad to take the 3" sections off and send it to you, I don't want much for it. If you are interested PM me and we can work out the details.

#12 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,156 Thanks
  • 1,159 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 01:02 PM

found this site on e-bay not the size you need but it states that they can get the size you need.SET OF NEW 3" SICKLE BAR KNIVES GRAVELY, DAVID BRADLEY | eBay

#13 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 07, 2011 - 01:56 PM

found this site on e-bay not the size you need but it states that they can get the size you need.SET OF NEW 3" SICKLE BAR KNIVES GRAVELY, DAVID BRADLEY | eBay

Thanks for the heads up.