• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:04 AM

Well im not sure how this one would work as it not on the tractor so we havent any way to tell the angle of the shovel face. If it steep then it should go down to china, but if its flattened out some then the depth would be limited to how much suck it has.

I never did like these type of digger as if you have grassy potatos, then the stuff want to wrap up on the shank and your forever having to stop and clean it off. I used to have a horse drawn IH digger, where you have a diamond shaped blade and supports on both sides that let the crop go down the middle and out the back. never had a plugging problem with it. Been looking at building something in a garden tractor scale that would work similar, but this work takes a lot more power and traction than most two wheeled tractors will give you.

• Alc said thank you

#62 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 20, 2013 - 04:38 AM

I know they will work.

#63 sdevine OFFLINE  

sdevine

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4489
  • 56 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted July 30, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hey tractor friends! I have been away a little while, but I wanted to let you know the outcomes of the David Bradley project, which many of you had helped with your information and advice. I am launching the last episode on The American Garage of the David Bradley project on Monday, August 5, 2013. Please join us and enjoy the show! http://www.theameric...-project-finale

The next project will not be a tractor project, but we will use it time to time on the show in the future I would like to thank Bob's Small Engine Repair for those rare Briggs & Stratton parts, and Just Ask John for the decals that were correct for the model and year. And thanks to you for all your posts and comments. I missed telling you about the last couple of episodes that we launched- my apologies- but you can view them here. Oh, and here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure-

DBfinal1.jpg DBfinal2.jpg DBfinal3.jpg DBfinal4.jpg

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#64 sdevine OFFLINE  

sdevine

• Contributor
  • 56 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted August 05, 2013 - 11:17 AM

Okay gang! Here is a link to the last episode of the David Bradley project. I hope you enjoy it! I will stop by from time to time as I restore the implements, and get my garden going better and better. I may not finish the second tractor, so it you are interested, or would like to do some swapping- let me know!

http://www.theameric...pisode-8-s01e08

#65 sdevine OFFLINE  

sdevine

• Contributor
  • 56 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted August 22, 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hey tractor gang! Well it is time in Texas to get ready for a fall garden, so I am going to get the David Bradley out and use the sicklebar cutter to cut the brush down in the garden, then plow it to prep for planting once the heat is gone. I have decided to sell off the extra DB parts instead of building the second one, so if you are interested, then check out my auction page here- http://www.theameric...n-david-bradley

I decided that one DB is enough for me. My next plan is to restore and repaint the attachments, and find more cool attachments for the one I am keeping. Time to put it to work!