24 replies to this topic

#16 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 07:40 AM

theres a ff20 for sale by me. I kind of want it realy bad. it would be fun to crush the john deeres and cubs at plow days

#17 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 21, 2011 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for posting you have one and for posting photos of it. They are pretty rare. Keep us posted on the progress you make.

I agree with Maynard. Pretty cool.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for the pics of the FF. Those were a tough tractor and are rare. I would like to know more about the rear axle they used. My GTV/16 will look very similar when I get it prettied up. Good luck with it. Glad you have it.

#19 jkh4449 OFFLINE  

jkh4449

• Member No: 7585
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 26, 2011 - 09:48 PM

I' a new member here and I have some comments about the Sears FF20. I found one of these monsters about a year and a half ago and bought it for my son. He had just bought a 4 acre horse ranch in Laramie, Wyoming and I felt he might need it to take care of the cleaning and chores. It has a front loader, rear mower, rototiller, and a rear blade. I did a bit of normal maintenance on it before I delivered it to him. I also made new front wheel bearings for it as Sears no longer supports these tractors. ( I used to own a precision machine shop and still have a Bridgeport vertical mill and a 15 x 48 lathe.)

This tractor has been a real workhorse!! I don't think he could have cleaned up his ranch without it.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 26, 2011 - 10:47 PM

I' a new member here and I have some comments about the Sears FF20. I found one of these monsters about a year and a half ago and bought it for my son. He had just bought a 4 acre horse ranch in Laramie, Wyoming and I felt he might need it to take care of the cleaning and chores. It has a front loader, rear mower, rototiller, and a rear blade. I did a bit of normal maintenance on it before I delivered it to him. I also made new front wheel bearings for it as Sears no longer supports these tractors. ( I used to own a precision machine shop and still have a Bridgeport vertical mill and a 15 x 48 lathe.)

This tractor has been a real workhorse!! I don't think he could have cleaned up his ranch without it.

I copied your post to the Member Introductions thread, thanks for joining up.
I welcomed you properly here: http://gardentractor...703/#post117075

#21 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• Member No: 7841
  • 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted January 12, 2012 - 01:58 PM

I hope this thread isn't to old to reply to, but I have the opportunity to purchase an FF20 pretty bad shape I guess my question is how hard is it going to be to find parts?

#22 markdombroski OFFLINE  

markdombroski

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6157
  • 196 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted January 12, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi Stimey, my tractor is still in queue for repair. The Onan parts are still available, but expensive. I think that getting parts from Sears is limited. Ebay has very little FF parts. There is also a Yahoo FF owners group to network with others. A parts tractor is always a good idea.

- Mark

#23 Stimey OFFLINE  

Stimey

• Member No: 7841
  • 1 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted January 12, 2012 - 07:54 PM

Yes that is what I am worried about, this one that I am getting isnt really anything more than a part tractor itself. Gotta start somewhere s , soon as the misses has forgot about this one I can get another. My luck as soon as I get this one setting in the shed another will pop up and I will have to figure that out when the time comes. I sure like the FF and probably be farther ahead to just go buy a green one, but I don't know if that will fix my itch, besides as much as I like the JD they sure cost a bundle.

#24 ramdeesl OFFLINE  

ramdeesl

• Member No: 2492
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted January 21, 2012 - 12:42 PM

Pretty cool tractor , what years did Sears make them ? Al

I've been told they made them for 3 yrs. '81 thru '83.:smile1:

#25 Hugh OFFLINE  

Hugh

• Member No: 1954
  • 155 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 02:07 AM

Correct, even though they were made for 3 years, they were not high-selling machines, no one spends 5-6k on a CRAFTSMAN when they can have a DEERE, people are all about brand recognition. They also lacked the multi spool hydraulics, and power steering as well as the fit and finish of the Deeres.