#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 09:59 PM

Looks like it will be somewhere between 25F and 30F tonight and tomorrow night in NW Arkansas, our first freezes of the season. I still have green beans (had enough for dinner tonight, and more coming, hopefully) and acorn squash growing, so I covered them to try and protect them from the freeze. If we can get through the next couple of nights, we'll be good until it's time to harvest the beans and the squash, according to the forecast.

My first round of beans got rained out earlier this Spring. I replanted, and the weather was so HOT and DRY that the blooms wouldn't set. So, I'm hoping the 3rd time is a charm!

#2 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 10:06 PM

Worked most of the day covering tomatoes and strawberries. Also picked 5gal. small green maters to make green tomatoe pickles. Also had the largest picking of ripe maters.

#3 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 10:09 PM

Yup, I gathered a bunch of green tomatoes last night, along with some okra and the few green beans we had with dinner tonight.

I'm NOT looking forward to winter!!! (Well, maybe...... I DO have a new dozer blade for the GT6000 I'd like to try out!)

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,445 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 07:47 AM

Hope your plants make it through the cold , we'er still having warm weather for us but I'm sure it won't last . Al

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 08:03 AM

Yes they are predicting a hard freeze here tonight as well. I'll clean up th tomatoes when I get home tonight.
They got snow flurries in Story County (1 county north West) yesterday.
This weekend I'll mulch the strawberries and clip the asparags and mulch.
The only thing that will be left in the garden will be the cabbage, which I think will stand the cold for a while.

I'm not ready for winter, but will probably mow one more time and then put the blower on the 318.