#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 08:39 PM

Because using sun screen bothers me I have a sunshade on both my tractors.I spend many hrs cutting grass and using the tractor for all sorts of stuff .I made this one for the GC2300 last summer.Its made to fit over top the ROPS,no tools are needed to install or take it off.Probably takes less then a minute to put it on and take it off.I made the frame out of 1"x1" sq.tubing and some 1/8" plate and a few pieces of 1/2" round rod. It's 39" wide 52" long and I put 45 degree angles on the front to keep it from looking to boxy.I used some silver/grey tarp for the cover.It's made to fit my ROPS but it can be made the same way to fit other ROPS that are narrower just by making the back frame that goes against the back of the ROPS wider.So here's some pictures of it as pictures are worth a thousand words.Larry.

Attached Thumbnails

• sun shade 001 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 002 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 004 (Sm	.jpg
  • sun shade 003 (Sm	.jpg

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted May 04, 2010 - 05:38 AM

That turned out nice! :thumbs:
Thanks for the pictures :)

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 04, 2010 - 06:28 AM

The sunshade is very nice Larry. I would like to do some sort of sunshade for one or two of my tractors because I am allergic to the sun and get sun poisoning even if I put sunscreen on. Sometimes if I put 90 spf I am alright. I thought about making something that would attach to the seat mounting holes and then have an arm come up the back side of the seat.

I like how easily removable yours is and it looks good on the tractor.

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 04, 2010 - 07:13 AM

The sunshade is very nice Larry. I would like to do some sort of sunshade for one or two of my tractors because I am allergic to the sun and get sun poisoning even if I put sunscreen on. Sometimes if I put 90 spf I am alright. I thought about making something that would attach to the seat mounting holes and then have an arm come up the back side of the seat.

I like how easily removable yours is and it looks good on the tractor.

I'll go out later and take some pics of the quick easy mount one that I made for the 1655 it doesn't require any tools to put in on or take it off either,everything slides into place as well.It's been in use now for 6,7,8 yrs?? and does its job.Larry

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 04, 2010 - 06:18 PM

Nice job Larry. That looks good.:thumbs: