• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 30, 2010 - 09:01 PM

The steering's been getting loose on the MF-14, today while plowing snow it went out completely the wheel turns but nothing happens, not that's not actually right, t still works half assed while in reverse. I know a guy selling a new rebuilt one on ebay for 175.00, but I may try to rebuild it myself

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 30, 2010 - 09:31 PM

The steering's been getting loose on the MF-14, today while plowing snow it went out completely the wheel turns but nothing happens, not that's not actually right, t still works half assed while in reverse. I know a guy selling a new rebuilt one on ebay for 175.00, but I may try to rebuild it myself

I can't believe how pricey the one is on ebay. I guess with how rare these machines are getting the higher prices are getting to be sensible. I am anxious to hear how you make out tackling the job yourself. I think you can do it. I wish you the best with it.

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted January 31, 2010 - 08:35 PM

It's not a big deal Mike. Inexpensive too. I think Jacks Small Engines sells the balls, races, & other parts you may need, like a new worm follower.

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 31, 2010 - 10:07 PM

It's not a big deal Mike. Inexpensive too. I think Jacks Small Engines sells the balls, races, & other parts you may need, like a new worm follower.

Yep, I'm going to buy the parts and do it myself, don't think it will be that hard, now that I'm a Stens Parts Dealer, I'll see if I can save a few bucks, thanks so much for the help. Mike