#1 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 05:34 PM

Okay Guys,

I've been using, and worn out a few, 2 gal. hand carry herbicide sprayers for several years to spray around my place in order to keep the weeds at bay. I spray the weeds on my driveway and my drive is a 1/4 mile long plus I kill the weeds in the irrigation ditch at times as well. Well, I've come to the conclusion that the 2 gal. units are just not enough for me anymore. I've decided to purchase a 4 gal. Backpack Sprayer. That's where you guys come in. I've research several online but really don't know which ones will last. So far I like the Chapin Tree/Turf Pro Commercial Backpack Sprayer Model 62000. One of the reasons I like this model is because it has an internal 4-position spray valve that lets you adjust the pressure from 15 psi to 60 psi. Do any of you guys have any experience with the Chapin or any other brand Backpack Sprayers? Any feedback would be appreciated

41lBuyEXVwL._SS400_.jpg

Kenneth

#2 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,547 Thanks
  • 2,294 posts

Posted October 19, 2011 - 01:17 PM

I have an old Solo 3 or 4 gallon backpack that I got for free. ....I love it, and if it dies, I'd buy another of these in an instant.

.....Mine has a piston pump, whereas some models have a diaphragm pump.

Here's a link to specs on the Solo: Solo Chemical Backpack Sprayer — 4 Gallon, 60 PSI, Model# 425DLX | Portable Sprayers | Northern Tool + Equipment

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,446 Thanks
  • 29,126 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 06:52 AM

Dad bought one of the small 12v 10 gal units from TSC. It's been great for him. He strapped it to a wheelbarrow and goes all over the place. It could go on a cart and you could get some more seat time. :D

#4 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 01:24 AM

The only experience I've had with backpack sprayers was fighting brushfires with 5 gal. Indian cans about 25 years ago when I was a volunteer fireman. That cured me from any curiosity about any other kind of backpack sprayer. My neighbor has a 5 or 6 gallon 12 volt sprayer(don't know the brand) in a 2 wheeled cart. It fits perfectly in the back of his golf cart.

#5 KBear OFFLINE  

KBear

Garden Tractor Nerd

• Member No: 1459
  • 89 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:13 PM

First of all thank you very much for the feedback.

Bruce Dorsi
- Thank you for the information and link on the Solo sprayer. I've looked at Solo sprayers on the Internet and they look like a quality unit.

MH81
and Gibby - I have a tow behind sprayer for my John Deere GT that I use on larger projects but I want a sprayer that I can use for the detail work. It can be difficult to get close to the lawn without spraying it with the two behind. I've used those 2 gal. hand held sprayers long enough.

Kenneth