• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MacWorld OFFLINE  

MacWorld

• Member No: 1195
  • 4 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 09:52 AM

I know the 1655's snowblower is the 4820. This snow blower is quite hard to find, it's a damn 1-stage and snow time is not too far away.

I wonder, is there any other snowblower I could use with my 1655's front PTO? I guess I should be able to find a 2 stages snowblower for this tractor somewhere. I don't mind having to modify the blower a bit to fit on my tractor. I don't know what to search for? I think the front PTO is 2000rpm? Is there a name for the kind of splines I have on this PTO?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • illinoismf said thank you

#2 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,964 Thanks
  • 4,087 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 10:27 AM

The splines are 1X15.
Can be had here. Surplus Center - 1" 15T X 6" PARTIAL SPLINED SHAFT

#3 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,302 Thanks
  • 1,535 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 08:23 PM

If you can get a Ariens 48" two stage blower they work fine on a MF 1655.They are also the proper RPM. and proper rotation.The Ariens has the 15 splined shaft pto out the front of the tractor.I've had one for yrs and It works really good.It takes a bit of work to fabricate a mount by it can be done.I also have a snapper dual stage blower that I've widen and made it fit onto the MF 1655 as well click on this to see??[.http://gardentractor...made-48-a-2374/] with a bit of work you can make one work Larry
  • mikebramel said thank you

#4 MacWorld OFFLINE  

MacWorld

• Member No: 1195
  • 4 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 05:33 AM

massey driver: I found your thread yesterday about the Snapper modified blower, it's amazing! I will look if I can find one and if I am motivated enough to do such modifications!

Is the modified Snapper better than the Ariens? Otherwise why did you make all this work? (:

#5 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,302 Thanks
  • 1,535 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 07:55 AM

!

Is the modified Snapper better than the Ariens? Otherwise why did you make all this work? (:

They seem to both work the same.The Ariens has a heavy duty cast gear box and the snapper has Aluminum gear box. I had been looking for another Ariens blower to use on another tractor and couldn't find one.It just happened that I came across the snapper one that came with a mower deck and bagger system all for $100 so that how I ended up with the snapper blower.The funny part is that 1 week after modifing the snapper blower I did end up buying another Ariens blower for parts.The gear box on my original Ariens had been broken and brazed back together so I bought that one for a spare.Larry

#6 illinoismf OFFLINE  

illinoismf

• Member No: 1342
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 12:46 AM

looking my self as well for the same thing... did find this on the ebay...
Massey ferguson snow blower attchment | eBay