• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 09:15 AM

George, if nothing else, you could ship that clutch to one of us guys that like to repair that sort of thing. Masseydriver or myself could likely repair that puppy for you!

#47 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 03:51 PM

Here are some pics. I pulled the clutch off. The spinning part anyway. It looks like there is part of a bushing worn away. The bearing that is inside the pto moves and spins free so I don't know what is worn away that is left on the motor shaft, hopefully you guys can tell me from the pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0013..jpg
  • DSC_0012..jpg
  • DSC_0011..jpg
  • DSC_0014..jpg

#48 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 03:55 PM

The electromagnet part of it still works. I think I can weld that finger back together. I just don't know what it is that it is missing on the shaft or what is worn away.

#49 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 05:23 PM

From the measurements I took if I can get a bearing with an id of 1.125 and an od of 2.440 I could be in business. It is missing the one retainer ring.

#50 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 06:53 PM

Here is a pick of the 3pt and where the piece is that something needs done with it because something isn't right. I am hoping one of you guys can post a pic of how it is suppose to be.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0001..jpg
  • DSC_0026..jpg
  • DSC_0002..jpg
  • DSC_0027..jpg
  • DSC_0019..jpg
  • DSC_0008..jpg
  • DSC_0009..jpg
  • DSC_0023..jpg
  • DSC_0016..jpg
  • DSC_0024..jpg
  • DSC_0017..jpg
  • DSC_0015..jpg
  • DSC_0005..jpg
  • DSC_0010..jpg
  • DSC_0007..jpg
  • DSC_0020..jpg
  • DSC_0029..jpg
  • DSC_0022..jpg
  • DSC_0025..jpg
  • DSC_0018..jpg
  • DSC_0028..jpg
  • DSC_0006..jpg
  • DSC_0003..jpg
  • DSC_0004..jpg
  • DSC_0021..jpg

#51 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 07:38 PM

George, where that strap on the 3pt is ripped loose, there is supposed to be a thick metal bar welded across that spot. I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow.

#52 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:04 PM

Just went through all the pics George. I think you did AOK on this deal. Considering it's a newer engine AND 2 more HP, that makes up for some of it's shortcomings. The dash isn't that bad at all. Some are way more busted than that. The 3pt part is easy as pie to fix. Just grind off that flimsy strap they welded on, then place a 5/16 or 3/8" plate across the back & weld in deep. When you get rear pto on there, the rear view will be awesome. I would recommend adding an oil pressure gauge. above the oil filter, on it's mount, there is a plug to add an oil line kit for a gauge. Never wanna run with low oil pressure, so a gauge is a must in my book. They should run 30 to 35psi at full rpms, and 15 to 20 at idle. Usually easy to kick up the pressure if needed by just using a longer bolt on oil pressure regulator spring .
All in all, your tractor is pretty good. Mint demands high $'s, and you can get this one fixed up & sharp for way less than what a mint would cost. And talk about blowing snow with that beast!

#53 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:07 PM

The electromagnet part of it still works. I think I can weld that finger back together. I just don't know what it is that it is missing on the shaft or what is worn away.

There is a bushing & yours is definitely shot. I have a Kohler clutch off an engine & they are built the same way. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the components tomorrow too.

#54 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:11 PM

I think after tomorrow just having it washed will be a big difference. Are the headlights supposed to be round or are there square ones available? The hood is workable but the grill will need a little work, the mesh looks like someone put in there but it won't take much to do something nice there. I will probably have the 3pt fixed tomorrow and I found a source for a bearing, I will have to order it on monday which is $19. I got my eyeballs on another dash and center cover by the shifter.

I do have a question about the ground speed control where there are like 4 speeds and the parking brake position. There isn't much difference in speed from position one to position 4?

#55 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:13 PM

There is a bushing & yours is definitely shot. I have a Kohler clutch off an engine & they are built the same way. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the components tomorrow too.

Is the bushing easily had? The bearing that was in it was still good. I am having a heck of a time getting the old bushing off, I am peeling away at it piece by piece. The bearing I found I shouldn't need a bushing at least I don't think I will.

#56 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:15 PM

Tractor looks good George.

#57 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:16 PM

George, go to this Agco link & sign on as a guest to view books. Then choose Massey Ferguson, then Parts books, then grounds care equipment, then Lawn Tractors / Mowers / Mower Decks, then choose 1855. On left will be the parts index. Once you choose a section, the parts view will come up to the right. Put pointer on parts view & right click, then choose "zoom in" for a good look. It shows the pto components plainly, parts #'s & all. Then you can put the part #'s into Jacks Small Engine site & get price & availability.

AGCO Parts Books

#58 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:20 PM

I never use the speed control. It just limits the pedal travel to limit speed. Usually they get jimmied to where they don't work right & need tweaked/adjusted. Headlights are std round as on most garden tractors...they just sit behind the square holes. The holes are supposed to have rubber welting to cushion the bulbs. They do need the bushing, as all have it. It is easily had. Kinda std on these clutches on all makes.
The factory grill mesh is just simple expanded steel....easy to get & replace.

#59 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:21 PM

Just thought.....we've lost George for the night after I posted that Agco link!:bigrofl:

#60 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Craps! To get that bushing you have to order the entire assembly, $281 !!!!!! OUCH! Just find one off a Kohler engine clutch. Same bushing.