• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 01:42 PM

Great! One less day to shed tears waiting! I think the Kubota is a T1400, as I can find nothing of a G1400. Here's a sample pic. Not a garden tractor at all...lawn tractor.

57261177-kubota-t1&.jpg

#32 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 01:58 PM

George,you will totally love the Kubota diesel.What does the T1400 have ,a 2 cyl diesel or 3cyl ? I just looked it up on tractordata.com and it shows only a gas engine.I have found though , that they are not always accurate.

Edited by mjodrey, May 06, 2010 - 02:03 PM.

#33 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:36 PM

Well I am home with just the Massey. I didn't even look at the Kubota. The Massey wasn't as nice as I was hoping it would have been. Do I still think it is worth it yes but since I had put a deposit on it for him to hold it I didn't haggle on the price. It is a 1655 with a 20hp Onan in it. The snow blower for these things is huge and frickin heavy. It was as wide as the pickup bed between the wheel wells. I can't believe how big the tractor is. The serial plate is right on the tractor and it says 1655 and the serial number is 3077 I believe. I will have to take pictures tomorrow of everything and write down the serial number and info.

Here are the items that need attention:
- Some of the wiring needs tended to
- The 3pt needs something fixed and I will take pics of it tomorrow to figure it out.
- The electric pto is going to need work, I will explain in more detail at the end for the pto.
- Hood needs some work on getting some small dents straightened out.
- Carb needs adjusted
- The right side of the dash is broken away, I don't know how hard it is to get one in good shape but I figure if anything I will make this one a resto-mod and make it the way I want it while still looking somewhat original
- Needs a bath and all linkages need adjusted, maybe new brakes as the parking brake and brake don't work

#34 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:38 PM

Now for the electric pto, it wobbles and one of the three fingers is broken. I don't know if they are fixable or what. There is obviously something wore out whether it be a bushing or a bearing that is letting it wobble. I will take pics tomorrow.

#35 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:45 PM

3 fingers? Must be different than the style 1650's use for sure. Post some pics of the pto clutch when you can.

#36 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:50 PM

It will be tomorrow after work. It is wierd like the piece is kind of coming out but there are three thin fingers on it.

#37 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:57 PM

Ok here are a couple pics I just took of the pto. I gotta call it a night.

DSC_0002..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0001..jpg
  • DSC_0003..jpg

#38 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 08:59 PM

Oh the other thing that needs fixed is the mower deck needs welded along about a 2' - 3' section on the front edge from the front roller abuse I guess. It shouldn't be too bad though fixing it.

#39 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 06, 2010 - 09:37 PM

Not sure if there is possibility of repairing those fingers. I figured they must be what you were talking about. They actually pull the load. If the fingers are same as on another clutch, you may be able to grind off the pin & remount used fingers. But the pulley should still run true unless there is a bearing issue. Does the electromagnet work?

#40 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 06, 2010 - 10:54 PM

I thought the 1655 had the 16hp Onan twin and the 1855 had the 18hp Onan twin?

#41 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 04:06 AM

I thought the 1655 had the 16hp Onan twin and the 1855 had the 18hp Onan twin?

That should be correct, someone repowered this one with a 20hp Onan twin. I will have to see if I can find another electric clutch because I don't think I am going to be able to save this one or rig something up mechanically for a pto.

#42 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 04:33 AM

That will make you a good tractor with a few repairs.

#43 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 06:50 AM

This pto is going to drive me bananas. At least till I get a chance to tear it apart and I can't do that from work LOL. There has got to be some sort of bearing out in the middle of it. I don't even know if there is a new replacement that I could use. I did some searching and there are all kinds of electric ptos available but I don't know which ones will work until I get this one apart.

#44 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 07:21 AM

George,
That bearing should be replaceable,although I can't say for sure.I had the electric clutch part of mine rewound because it burnt up,but the bearing was fine.
I believe we need a "GOOD LUCK" smilely,unless there is one and I just didn't see it.

#45 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 07, 2010 - 07:43 AM

Hey George Friday came early guess your happy at least now it's home and ready to get lots of TLC. Just seen the post about the clutch.There very simple to change the brg's [oh yeah there's two of them] I take mine apart every now and then so that I can use a needle to grease the brgs.Once you have it pulled apart you have to take one snap ring off Its not all that bad to take off.Like Daniel said you may beable to change that one finger with one from another clutch,If its the fingers with the pins thru them they let the clutch disengage from the electro magnetic part when power is disconnected.You guys probably all know this already.You'll get it all figured out I'am sure of that.Just thought I'd add this in you say that your dash is missing part of the right side,if most of the dash is still there and usable could you maybe rebuild the missing part with some fiberglass using a kit.I've rebuilt a plastic front on a hood on a MF 165 that had a big piece missing with a fiberglass repair kit and you'd never know that half of it had been destroyed. Larry