Reversible stabilizer pads for my Ingersoll 6018 Backhoe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 03:49 PM

I thought i would be nice to have some reversible pads for my backhoe when working on asphalt or concrete so i decided to make a set.

The main section the attaches to the stabilizer arm is all 5/16" angle iron 4"x2.5"x8".
I bent (2) 1/4" x5"x8"plates into a U for the pad assemblies. I then tacked one pad assembly to each side of the main section so i could drill 2 holes on each side to bolt them together. (2) 1/2" nuts are welded on the inside of each pad assembly to make the pad assemblies replaceable.
The rubber for the pads is an old loading dock bumper that was made from old tires. i ripped the pieces in half so i had 2" strips. 2 stips get notched for the nuts on the inside of the U. (4) 2" rubber strips get sandwiched In the pad assembly by 2 bolts running through the sides. the head of the bolt is tacked since i cant put a nut on the inside or it wont be able to flip over.
I made a short video to show it mounted on the machine. im happy with the way it turned out. now i just have to make the other side

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 03:56 PM

Great thinking! I like the dual purpose too! The ones on my FIL's backhoe have 4" spikes on them and make a wreck of blacktop! Nice fab work!

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,660 Thanks
  • 39,030 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 05:40 PM

Those are pretty neat. Thanks for the explanation and video.

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Great pads hammerdwn.