• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,214 Thanks
  • 29,686 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:31 PM

simplicity tillers were belt driven so no motor necessary. there was also available a planetary ger attachment which allowed very slow speed for tiller operation.

It's an old TroyBilt tiller that he got tossed in on the deal, not a tractor mounted tiller. It would have been a really sweet deal if it came with a rear mount tiller!

#17 sacsr ONLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 07:35 PM

Got it all home and off the trailer today. Attachments look to be in pretty good shape......snow blower and sickle mower looks like they had not been used much. Tractor is in the worse condition......looks like the back part has been leaking for a while....the crude would not come off when I stopped to pressure wash the items on my way home. Motor is missing the drain plug (I had known that)....still going to have to find a hood, top end of the grill, and I am sure a bunch of other items. Sure I will be looking for some help.....I have never seen so many belts on a GT!

#18 B10Dave OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 249 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 10:10 PM

From what I can see in the pics, it is not just a tiller but a walk behind Simplicity tractor sans engine, with a tiller attachment. Find a proper engine or just add a newer one and start looking for some of the many other attachments available for these tractors. Guess you got two projects for the price of one!!! Oops, my mistake; looked closer at second pic and can see it is likely a Troybuilt tiller. Oh well, find an engine and sell tiller to finance resto of tractor. Good luck with projects. That will teach me to read second page before posting.( How embarassing )

Edited by B10Dave, October 30, 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#19 1031d OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6821
  • 32 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 03:00 PM

not to put up a sales pitch but I bought my dad an AC Big Ten for Christmas and with it I got a 2010 and 2012. The 2012 is being parted out as I type, most of it it going on eBay. It was complete but someone cobbled a 16hp engine in it and the trans had major problems. Hood is nice though.

Edited by 1031d, December 03, 2011 - 03:00 PM.
misspelled word

#20 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 06:37 PM

Good going that sickle bar is almost worth the original asking price. Well maybe not but still you will have many hrs of entertainment for a while. As has been stated keep us posted.

#21 SimplicitySwede OFFLINE  

• Validating
  • Member No: 4073
  • 57 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 07:16 PM

Sickle mower would be worth it

#22 goodnews OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted March 22, 2012 - 09:43 PM

way to go sacsr you did good pal you got a real landlord have to check you out one day when i'm coming down your way :thumbs:

Edited by goodnews, March 22, 2012 - 09:44 PM.