sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 06:43 PM

Non-running....missing the hood.....stored out side......1964 model - not a broadmore but the other one.

Has several attachments......sickle mower, mower deck, and snowblower. All look to be in good shape.

What do you think it is worth? How easy to find the hood and any parts?

Briggs 23D motor.....electric start....has what I am guessing is a sleeve hitch on the back.....

Does the ac b-10 use the same parts??

I would like to consider restoring this one but I have several other GT I am already working on.

Any Simplicity guys out there got an opinion???

Thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 06:47 PM

I think the hood is a little different, I know the grill is a little. They are findable, worth picking up if the $ is reasonable.

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 10:53 PM

Here are pictures of the tractor and attachments.

What do you think ??

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2131.jpg
  • IMG_2125.jpg
  • IMG_2127.jpg
  • IMG_2128.jpg
  • IMG_2126.jpg

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 04:24 AM

That's quite a muffler it has.I don't see any rust holes in the deck,what I see ,the tractor looks pretty solid.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 06:09 AM

Looks to have potential. Attachments don't look too bad. Sickle mower may give the most challenge to get working if it hasn't been used for a while.

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 08:18 AM

The attachments do look pretty good. Why did they park it, does it roll over with compression?

I'd probably want to go for it, but then it all depends on space (which I am out of) and $ ( which I am also out of LOL)

What is he asking?

#7 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 12:21 PM

Asking $500 motor turns over and has compression........would get the tiller in the deal as well...no motor on the tiller.

I am figuring $100 on the tractor (parts) $150 on the sickle, $75 on the deck and $75 on the blower.......$400?? My biggest problem is I want to have a mower with a sickle mower......I don't have the space or the money at this point.....up to 4 running mowers and 3 nonrunning mowers right now.........(too many recent projects purchased and I need to sell something before I buy this. I notice the blowers are not selling on ebay.....deck could be worth more....but you never know what you are going to find when you take the top off. ........

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the sickle mower is the gem in that bunch. Just my experience says that they're not too common on any of these older machines. I think it would be a nice addition to a collection, but money, space, and time are all valuable assets as well. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

#9 gdub OFFLINE  

gdub

• Member No: 393
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the sickle mower is the gem in that bunch. Just my experience says that they're not too common on any of these older machines. I think it would be a nice addition to a collection, but money, space, and time are all valuable assets as well. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Landlord and AC B-10 share similar sheet metal incl hood. Things to consider: hand lift sickle bar is the diamond and you're maybe under priced; mower deck looks solid w/no rust holes; good no-rust or coated gas tanks are $50+ to replace that one (unless good); upper grill $20+ and battery side cover $20+ is missing so add these costs to restore; and tractor is priced about right. I'd sure want to get it down some b/c its set this long but if it filled a hole in my collection I'd certainly be tempted to make an offer and wait for an answer.

#10 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 29, 2011 - 07:27 PM

Going to pick it up tomorrow. Going to be a project....but I am looking forward to the challenge. I had made an offer (thanks Daniel) that I thought was fair (and that I could come up with the money)....and the owner called me today and said he would take it. Will get better pictures and an better feel for what shape these attachments are in after I pick them up.

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,482 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted October 29, 2011 - 07:30 PM

Good luck with it! Looking forward for the pics.

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 29, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Looks like it's going to be a fun project for you. Congrats.

#13 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:00 AM

Nice find!! Looks to be a pretty good package at the price offered with the sickle mower. Even better that you got it for less. Keep the pics coming.

#14 harlan OFFLINE  

harlan

• Member No: 5524
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:22 PM

Asking $500 motor turns over and has compression........would get the tiller in the deal as well...no motor on the tiller.

I am figuring $100 on the tractor (parts) $150 on the sickle, $75 on the deck and $75 on the blower.......$400?? My biggest problem is I want to have a mower with a sickle mower......I don't have the space or the money at this point.....up to 4 running mowers and 3 nonrunning mowers right now.........(too many recent projects purchased and I need to sell something before I buy this. I notice the blowers are not selling on ebay.....deck could be worth more....but you never know what you are going to find when you take the top off. ........

simplicity tillers were belt driven so no motor needed. there was also a planetary gear attacment which allowed the tractor to go very slow for tiller operation.

#15 harlan OFFLINE  

harlan

• Member No: 5524
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 30, 2011 - 06:27 PM

simplicity tillers were belt driven so no motor necessary. there was also available a planetary ger attachment which allowed very slow speed for tiller operation.