• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ford boy OFFLINE  

ford boy

• Member No: 6607
  • 21 Thanks
  • 87 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 04:11 PM

for some reason i have lately been thinking about buying another garden or lawn tractor like i need another tractor :poke:but anyway one candidate is a john deere 60 70 or 100 , what i would like to know is what i should expect to pay for one in non running condition , i know it verys alot but i am just looking for a starting point , and also is there is any weak points , thanks

#2 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 04:35 PM

Just be aware that there is no "new" direct replacement engine for the 60 & 70 if you want to use the deck! Reason being that the original has a stepped crankshaft to fit the deck clutch. ~~ grnspot
  • ford boy said thank you

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 07:19 PM

In non-running condition, I'd figure at least, spending between $75-$150 for a 60 or 70. As grnspot110 stated above, if the motor isn't rebuildable, then you are kind of screwed, because there isn't a replacement engine available. As for the 100, I'd guess around $125 tops. Good luck to you in finding what you want.
  • ford boy said thank you

#4 ford boy OFFLINE  

ford boy

• Member No: 6607
  • 21 Thanks
  • 87 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 10:08 AM

Just be aware that there is no "new" direct replacement engine for the 60 & 70 if you want to use the deck! Reason being that the original has a stepped crankshaft to fit the deck clutch. ~~ grnspot

yeah i remember hereing that somewhere but thanks for reminding me

In non-running condition, I'd figure at least, spending between $75-$150 for a 60 or 70. As grnspot110 stated above, if the motor isn't rebuildable, then you are kind of screwed, because there isn't a replacement engine available. As for the 100, I'd guess around $125 tops. Good luck to you in finding what you want.

ok thanks , that sounds like a fair price range , i was thinking today and can a electric clutch be mounted on a standard b$s engine to bypass the orginal attachment clutch