• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Been looking at electric pressure washers at Sears all summer. Had to run into town for routine blood tests, so ran through Sears & caught them on sale. Got it for $149, regularly $229. 1900psi with 1.5 gallon per minute. Plenty for around my home/vehicles & shop needs. We have a gas powered 3,000psi unit, but too much trouble for my wife to want to operate. This one shuts completely off when you let off the trigger. Years ago we had an electric one for the farm, but the motor ran continuously with a bypass pressure control. Washed the Jeep with it & she likes it very much, so a great purchase. Did a great job too. Came with 2 different jet tubes. Soap dispenser works easily as well.
While there I also spotted an 18V cordless weedeater on sale. $59, regularly $99, so grabbed it too. Usually don't buy the warranty, but for $9 got a full 3yrs full replacement. Heck, the lithium ion battery costs as much as I gave for the whole thing, so spent the extra $9.

DSC00602.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00604.jpg
  • DSC00603.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 04:17 PM

Catching a great sale was some compensation for being stabbed with a needle. I need to get a washer. I recently borrowed a friends gas powered washer and was impressed with how well it cleaned most stuff. It made short work out of the crap that was stuck under the MF8 deck. Cordless tools have come a long way lately. The Li Ion battery is a big improvement over the old nicads.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 09:00 AM

Nice tools. A pressure washer would be a good investment, especially in your environment, Daniel! With the water pressure I have here, I got one of those "As seen on TV" spray wands with the ball valve for a control. It blasts things pretty good. I have 5/8" nylon reinforced hose and if I put a nozzle on the end and turn the water on, the hose swells and goes to twisting itself up. Probably over 100 lbs. of pressure on the line. It cleans paint rollers real quick.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 11:20 AM

A pressure washer is something I am going to get one of these days.Good deal,Daniel.

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 01:42 PM

Sounds like you got a great deal on that one Dan! My brother has one that I have borrowed from time to time and I like it very much! Ease of use is key for the wife to want to use it, so I'm glad that she likes the one you bought! My wife would probably hurt herself if I asked her to use one LOL! Did you ask specifically if the battery was covered under the extended warranty on the weedwacker? That would certainly be a no brainer for me too if it is! All of my craftsman stuff has the older Ni-Cd batteries, but they work very well. Hope the ne wtools serve you well!

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 02:50 PM

Did you ask specifically if the battery was covered under the extended warranty on the weedwacker? That would certainly be a no brainer for me too if it is!

Yep, I asked if the battery was also covered. When he said yes, I said I'd take the warranty!