#1 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 08:08 PM

I have searched all the threads I can to come up with a rattle can option for flint metallic grey and if it is there I have not found it.

I picked up two cans of of different colors that I thought would match got them home both were too silver.

Anyway.....I was just checking to see if anyone had found one that was close to the original color.

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,499 Thanks
  • 5,267 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 08:30 PM

This is the real stuff, can be bought at a Massey Ferguson or ARGO Dealer.

This is the closest match I could find when I did my >http://gardentractor.../1966-mf10-298/
66 MF10 089.jpg

Tremclad HAMMERED Charcoal Gray

Attached Thumbnails

• paint 002..jpg

• sacsr said thank you

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 04:34 AM

I used Silver grey which was a colour I got at the Canadian Tire chain. It was a very close match but is no longer available. They switched from their house brand to Dupli Color and they don't stock anything close to silver grey.I have about 1/2 a can left and I don't think it will finish all the bits I have to paint on the 8. My nearest MF dealer is a real PITA to deal with. They don't usually have much paint in stock. They will not order paint in for you. You have to wait until they have a large enough "Chemical Order" before they will bring in any paint and they will not tell you when that will be. My JD dealer carries all the JD paint all the time without any hassles.