• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Kinda looking forward to shaking your hand. Hope for next year.

It was a good day, their website has some pics on it + a nice guy there send me a disc with some on it too. BTW, There was a Roper 20 there. Nice tractor.

#32 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 10:28 PM

I'm pretty sure they have another plow day in the spring, I'll double check that. I will be at the next plow day even if I have to drive the tractor there. Judging by your pics, it was a wonderful time. I too was hoping to meet some GTTers first hand.

#33 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 12:19 AM

Carb was fixed, but a bad Friday evening turned into a bad weekend. The trailer I borrowed to haul my tractor made it about 4 miles before the wheel bearing let go.:wallbanging::wallbanging: I was going to go to the plow day without a tractor and look things over, but since it was a borrowed trailer, I got a new bearing and spindle and did the repairs.

Oh, my day didn't end there. My cousin and his son came over. While my cousin and I were trailer fixing, his son was in the house surfing the internet. I'm not sure what site he was on, but he managed to allow a site to bypass Norton Anti-virus and infect my computer. Well, I do a lot of purchases and all my bill paying on line, so, to be safe, I canceled all my cards just in case. I got reacquainted with the checkbook this week. Wow, I had forgotten what a pain in the bottom writing checks for purchases at the store was. I apologize if any of you were in line behind me. Well, trailer fixed, tractor fixed, new cards should be here by the end of the week or first of next week, and got the computer back this evening from being scanned and scrubbed.

Next year, I WILL HAVE MY OWN TRAILER!!!

Gibby, if it is any consolation I have experience breaking trailers.. especially borrowed ones, as I borrowed a large trailer to go to Cochranton Plow day this past Spring. Broke the trailer in my driveway the day after the plow day!!!! Next year I am only taking 2 tractors and my truck and smaller trailer, don't need the headaches of borrowed stuff next time. I hope to hit two plow days this upcoming Spring, but we will see. I do know this, I am going to drive up to them the night before so I can actually get some seat time LOL.

#34 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 12:23 AM

I'm pretty sure they have another plow day in the spring, I'll double check that.

Yes, unfortunately, I won't be able to go to that one, it on the same date as our Plow Day.

#35 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 12:31 AM

Yes, unfortunately, I won't be able to go to that one, it on the same date as our Plow Day.

Dang, there goes my hopes of two plow days this Spring...

#36 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 08:06 AM

Dang, there goes my hopes of two plow days this Spring...

Not necessarily, you can host your own locally...

#37 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 10, 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'll plan on Cochranton plow day in the Spring, and the Beacon Hotel next Fall.