• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 06:54 PM

Got out of work late, tore the place apart looking for my chains, decided to get another set put together, now to get the truck & trailer and start loading.

See you tomorrow!

#17 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 10:10 PM

Well, I'm taking a break for a few minutes. I went to load the SS14 earlier this evening and it shut down. Checked it out and no spark, went to swap the plow over to the GT14 Varidrive, and gas dripping from the carb. So, now I'm tearing the carb down and cleaning it, but came in to warm up for a bit. If all else fails, I can either take the custom 10 XL, or the Gt 19.9, but I'll have to swap a 3 point onto the 19.9 if I go that route. I'm heading back out now to finish the carb cleanup.

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 11:16 PM

Gibby, sounds like my evening. Lost tire chains, starter belt slipping, no charging on the Massey... (bad ground)

All loaded up and ready. All that's left is to print the directions.

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 04, 2011 - 11:20 PM

great deal Alan, sounds like next friday night for me, i got no way to get a single tractor out of the shop lol.

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 05:19 AM

It's almost time to pull out, Gibby, did you get your carb fixed?

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 02:45 PM

Just got back, tried to say hello to as many people as possible, no one introduced themselves with their user name, hope I didn't miss anyone.

Got some pics, met some really nice folk. Time to unload and then I hope to get the better pics uploaded later.

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 03:27 PM

Woke at 6 AM to a dark 23 *F fall morning. Frost on everything, really glad we loaded last night, to darned cold to hold onto chains & binders this morning. :D

Got a little lost as the one exit we should've taken was right in the middle of some road construction, but we took the scenic route and got to see some more pretty countryside. Finally got there about 9:00, the plowing was already in full swing, there were a few challenging spots with clay and damp, but the challenge was fun. As usual, Ryan outpaced me... I gotta get some Ags (Yeah, I know, operator error, not tires...)
By the time we unloaded, it was in the 40's and very sunny with a lite breeze.
GEDC1875 (Large).jpg

We had fun plowing,
GEDC1909 (Large).jpg
chatting,
GEDC1880 (Large).jpg
etc...
Until the breakdown.
GEDC1902 (Large).jpg
The pulley that bolts onto the flywheel and the starter belt goes on, let go. Two ears broke and one elongated. That was the end of the day for the Massey... but it's OK, we have a spare & I can fix this one later.

After the breakdown, we walked around and took most of the pics, saw more than a few really nice rigs, and watched them in operation. IDK what the total was tractor wise, but I'd say around 20 - 25.

Ryan & I would like to send big thanks to IHCC Chapter 34 for making us feel very welcome and for inviting us back next year. Also to the Beacon Hotel for making a mean Steak Sandwich and Cheese & Broccoli Soup. :thumbs:
GEDC1905 (Large).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• GEDC1874.jpg
  • GEDC1873.jpg
  • GEDC1882.jpg
  • GEDC1876 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1879 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1878 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1912 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1914 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1877 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1908 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1887 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1913 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1911 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1894 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1889 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1910 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1872 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1898 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1884 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1883 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1892 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1897.jpg
  • GEDC1899 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1906 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1907 (Large).jpg
  • GEDC1901 (Large).jpg

Edited by MH81, October 23, 2012 - 04:44 PM.

• grand, powerking56, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#23 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 04:04 PM

Looks like you had a fun time. Thanks for taking the time to take and upload the pictures. Really enjoy looking at them.
  • MH81 said thank you

#24 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 05:21 PM

Alan, that looks like a heck of a fun time, glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. Also, hope you get that Massey fixed quickly (if Karen lets you now that you worked the GT thing out of your system for the rest of the year LOL)
  • MH81 said thank you

#25 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 08:30 PM

Thank you for the wonderful pictures Alan. It looks like you and Ryan had a good time. (This based on the proud father's pics of his son plowing) Glad to know that you had fairly good weather and they had a decent turnout. Sorry that you had a breakdown, but I know all about them. It's still great just being at the event.
  • MH81 said thank you

#26 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 03:46 AM

From one proud Father to another, Grand. :D

Yeah, he did a great job, pretty disappointed with the noise at first, OK once Dad showed him not all was lost.

I think the biggest thing was his being able to drive it back, instead of towed in. Didn't take much to pull start him... I am glad the chain wasn't a foot shorter tho. " Be ready to push in the clutch" has more meaning for him now. :laughingteeth:

#27 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 10:49 AM

LOL on the push in the clutch Alan. Funny story is that Dad and I were pull starting a Farmall Cub with his truck. I was in the truck, he was on the Cub. We only had a couple hundred foot of concrete to pull it on. We knew we could roll it back to the beginning and go again since we had done so after the first time it didn't start but was offering. After we got to the end of the second tow with no offer at all I got out and asked Dad why he looked so discouraged since we had all day. He looked at me and said... "I forgot to turn on the ignition that time." If I had a nickel for every time Dad or I forgot to turn the ignition on when using alternative starting methods I might be rich LOL.

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,343 Thanks
  • 28,648 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 07:33 PM

We got Ryan's starter stuff back on. Almost new again. He smiled pretty big when it started.

#29 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 07:35 PM

Alan, I am glad to hear that the Massey is back on its feet, good work Super Dad. lol

#30 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted November 09, 2011 - 09:31 PM

It's almost time to pull out, Gibby, did you get your carb fixed?

Carb was fixed, but a bad Friday evening turned into a bad weekend. The trailer I borrowed to haul my tractor made it about 4 miles before the wheel bearing let go.:wallbanging::wallbanging: I was going to go to the plow day without a tractor and look things over, but since it was a borrowed trailer, I got a new bearing and spindle and did the repairs.

Oh, my day didn't end there. My cousin and his son came over. While my cousin and I were trailer fixing, his son was in the house surfing the internet. I'm not sure what site he was on, but he managed to allow a site to bypass Norton Anti-virus and infect my computer. Well, I do a lot of purchases and all my bill paying on line, so, to be safe, I canceled all my cards just in case. I got reacquainted with the checkbook this week. Wow, I had forgotten what a pain in the bottom writing checks for purchases at the store was. I apologize if any of you were in line behind me. Well, trailer fixed, tractor fixed, new cards should be here by the end of the week or first of next week, and got the computer back this evening from being scanned and scrubbed.

Next year, I WILL HAVE MY OWN TRAILER!!!