OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 06:54 PM

I was playing with the 414 Sickle-Mo on the G10 and it started throwing the belt. It's on it's last legs so I started looking for a replacement.

I'm a member of the Haban group on Yahoo, and have the V-belt database file that Erwin Haban posted. So, I took a look at that to see what size it was. Unfortunately, it didn't list that particular belt's (S-191) length.

Well, I posted on the Haban message board, and Erwin Haban posted back that he had some NOS S-191's and asked If I wanted a couple. I said sure, and asked how much, and where do I send $$ for them.

He sent emailed me, and said to give him my address, and that he'd send them N/C. All I would have to do is re-pay him for the shipping!

I of course replied with my address, and also asked him if there was a source for some other Sickle -Mo parts. I told him that I have a 405A that is missing the Grass Divider Board Assembly, and that I'd like to find one if possible.

He in return replied:

You say you need a Haban #4648 Grass Divider Board. About 6-months ago had about a dozen sets of parts laser cut and CNC formed. I only have a couple assemblies welded up as it takes time and a special fixture to locate the components properly. Do you want one? It will need to be painted red. I can cut open the box and add it to the shipment, there was plenty of room and it would get a free ride because of the V-belts.

I don't know what it's going to cost, but that won't be an issue. That 405A looks positively NEKKID without that assembly, and will make it a lot easier to sell.

Nekkid 405A:

100_4022.jpg
  • Steveamy40342 said thank you

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 06:59 PM

That is awesome, but if I were you and completed the sickle mower, I would NEVER sell it LOL.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 07:23 PM

Great news on the belts. :ditto: to what Buzz said!
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#4 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 07:51 PM

That is awesome, but if I were you and completed the sickle mower, I would NEVER sell it LOL.

I'm guessing that you don't have a Sickle-Mo.

The thing is, I have TWO of them now. One is the 414 that is currently mounted on my G10 and the other is a 405A that was on the 1256 I bought on eBay.

With the eBay 1256 I was more interested in the TRACTOR than the Sickle-Mo and other attachments. I had planned to keep the 'better' of the 2 Sickle-Mos and sell the other one to offset the cost of the 1256.

I see no reason the keep 2 of them when I can sell one to someone that needs/wants one.

Here's CloudBurst IV (aka" Ole One Eye") with the 405A and in the top left, you can see CloudBurst II with the 414 on it.
100_4012.jpg

Edited by OldBuzzard, October 12, 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#5 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 09:33 PM

you need the grass deviders on it to sell it an get the money that its really worth

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 10:00 PM

So what is one of those sickle mowers worth? And do you think it can be fitted to a Springfield?

#7 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 10:34 PM

Depending in the condition, Sickle-Mos are probably worth $300.00 and up.

Also it would depend on which model as well. There were lots of Sickle-Mos sold for the Cub Cadets and John Deers so they wouldn't command as high a price as ones for tractors like Gravely, Jacobson, Pennsylvania-Meteor, Satoh Beaver, etc.

My 414 that was originally for the Wheel Horse is most likely worth more to a Wheel Horse collector than to a Bolens Collector, simply because there weren't as many made, and they were for a limited range of Wheel Horses.

There isn't a model listed for the Springfield. I'm not familiar with the Springfields, so I Googled them. If the "36" is the largest, I kinda doubt that one would fit. Those Sickle-Mos are pretty heavy, and need quite a bit of room up under the tractor.

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 10:42 PM

I have one that was labeled for Montgomery Wards and was called the Garden Mark Squire 7-1/4 HP. I know on the same page a Sickle mower could be bought for it. It is probably the same one as fits a Wheelhorse (same engine location and orientation).

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted October 13, 2011 - 04:41 AM

Old Buzzard, we're going the need to see these goodies when they arrive! Better get the batteries charged for that video maker.

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 13, 2011 - 04:52 AM

Old Buzzard, we're going the need to see these goodies when they arrive! Better get the batteries charged for that video maker.

:ditto: on that.:D

#11 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 13, 2011 - 11:01 AM

Great score on the belts. I know you will post updated pics when you get your grass divider mounted.

#12 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted October 13, 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have one that was labeled for Montgomery Wards and was called the Garden Mark Squire 7-1/4 HP. I know on the same page a Sickle mower could be bought for it. It is probably the same one as fits a Wheelhorse (same engine location and orientation).

I checked out the Sickle-Mo listing and it DOES show that there was one for that reactor. However, under Model # it has a ? :wallbanging:

Maybe someone over on the Gilson/Montgomery Wards forum can help you with the model number. If so, that might give us a clue as to what other model numbers might work.

Dunno about vids Kenny. Would be pretty boring ones with those parts just sitting there. :D I guess I could post a pic or two

#13 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted October 13, 2011 - 04:13 PM

Got another email from Erwin:

... OK, I opened the box and included the Haban #4648 Grass Divider Board. It is exact to the original, I have the Haban drawings on that assembly and the components that make it up. I brought it into work this morning and had them blast it to add a mat finish so the primer and topcoat would stick real good to it. It's all new, but sometimes the new sheet metal is too smooth for the primer to bite in and hold.

My son will ship it out today after work. I gave him $12 for the shipping on the flat rat box so that should do it. Reimburse shipping if you like or just make a charitable contribution to some group or someone in need. The parts themselves are a gift from me to you so no charge on that either.

I was NOT expecting that!

I think I know just the perfect place to make a donation to:
Racine Youth Sports - Home

I can't find anyplace to make a donation on their site, so I guess I'll have to give them a call. They are based in a park that Joe Haban donated, and was active in supporting them.

I originally found out about that from watching a video: "The Joe Haban Story".

Edited by NUTNDUN, May 13, 2013 - 08:55 AM.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#14 Steveamy40342 OFFLINE  

Steveamy40342
  • Member No: 60318
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 05:15 PM

I am seeking a 4648 grass divider board for my Haban. Does anyone know of the source listed?
Steve in KY