31 replies to this topic

#31 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 06:51 PM

In the club that I pull with the tires that we run is either the Firestone, Goodyear, or Carlisle V style tractor lug tred.

About the ATV tires, if your club allows them there are many tred designs for them tires. The only problem is finding the right size for the club size restrictions, or if they even allow them in the club to start with.

The club I pull with the tire restriction size is 23 x 10.50 x 12 . The 10.50 size tire works good on black dirt and wet conditions. I run the 23x8.50x12 size because the tracks that I go to are mostly hard dirt/clay and dry out quickly. The narrower the tire the more pounds per square inch of digging tred which is greater with a narrower tire than a wider tire like the 10.50 size. What happens with the wider size tires on a hard track they seem to spin out alot sooner than the narrower ones. The harder the track get the wider tires start floating like adding duals on a tractor for flotation, unless you add most all your weight to the rear of the tractor.

#32 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,358 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted July 10, 2012 - 07:18 PM

How much weight is hanging on the front to keep it down from those rear weights?

I wondered that as well. There is at least 900lbs of those IH weights hanging off the back of that thing. I can't tell if they're 75 or 100 LB weights. I think they are 75's. There's gotta be something on the front to hold it down.

Edited by IHCubGuy, July 10, 2012 - 07:21 PM.