• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 01:09 PM

Just a week ago, our area in central Ky was about 5" below normal rainfall. Starting yesterday morning, we now have had nearly 10", yes, I said TEN inches of rain!!!!!! I think the drought is OVER! Our fram has a creek running through it, and every one of the water-gaps are GONE! Gonna be a few days before the water recedes enough to rebuild them. Outside right now......still raining! Supposed to be around till early tomorrow morning. May go to above a foot total. I better watch the creek...someone's garden tractor might wash my way! :D

#2 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 02:23 PM

I hear ya Dan, we have had over 13" so far... and it's still coming. Nashville is a mess, the roads around here are closed from flooding and some are badly damaged. Folk's houses are under water in some spots... it's a bad situation.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 03:19 PM

Yep, my daughter's friend's parents are trapped in Nashville. Our total is almost 12" now...still coming of course. At least you don't have fences to wash out Dan! Out to milk now...later guys.

#4 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 03:58 PM

Up here, it has been the driest April on record apparently........it raining yesterday and today, but nothing much.....we sure need it.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 04:49 PM

Up here, it has been the driest April on record apparently........it raining yesterday and today, but nothing much.....we sure need it.

Same here in Nova Scotia.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 02, 2010 - 07:17 PM

Was the same here....till this weekend!

#7 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 02, 2010 - 11:20 PM

We got the start of what headed towared you Dan, but just a couple of inches, going to rain here again twice next week. This corner of NE OK, NW Ark, SEKS, and SWMo is almost a tropical rainforest climate. We got armadillos out the wzzoo, and 50 miles south alligators have migrated up the river from the delta, who would of figured. The Port of Catoosa, just down the road is the furthest inland waterway in the world, goes straight to the gulf from just east of Tulsa OK. Try and stay dry. and remember you cant live without water

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Whoa.....there's a very bright object in the sky today, and it hurts my eyes! And no clouds & rain! There also aren't any water-gaps left across our creek. There were 8 of them too! Have to get them replaced asap. I hope they were just torn loose on one side, to where I can just drag them back across & repair, but water was awfully high & swift, so I guess I'll see soon.

#9 nra1ifer ONLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 12:00 PM

Whoa.....there's a very bright object in the sky today, and it hurts my eyes! And no clouds & rain! There also aren't any water-gaps left across our creek. There were 8 of them too! Have to get them replaced asap. I hope they were just torn loose on one side, to where I can just drag them back across & repair, but water was awfully high & swift, so I guess I'll see soon.

Good luck..... I hope things dry out soon.

#10 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 06:45 PM

This has turned deadly in the midstate. Here in our county we have lost 2 lives, and still have some people missing. I made it to work today, but it took me almost twice as long to get there... lots of gravel, dirt and debris blocking the way. By the time I came home most of the big stuff had been moved, but there were still a few washed out places. On top of the bad roads, there is heavy big truck traffic because I40 was shut down.

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2010 - 06:58 PM

That was a major storm that went through and we only got the gentle side of it. I feel for those that were hit hard.