• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ratracenomore OFFLINE  

ratracenomore

• Member No: 6636
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 08:53 PM

I know there are links for parts but I would like to know if I can find a new dash? I have not had any luck or if any one has one for sale that's in good shape mine is a busted to hell. I would also like to know if anyone has rebuilt there hydro, or at least put in new oil seals?? mine is leaking where the in put shaft connects with the drive shaft. Thank You.

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 09:07 PM

Dont have a dash but the seal is preety easy change.Just remove the driveshaft and pull the old seal out.A couple small screws screwed into the old seal will help with removal.And just line up the new seal and drive it in with a socket or something that will go into the pump and not damage the new seal.Also some fine grit sandpaper to run around the input shaft to remove any burrs is a good ideal.Also if you need a new seal i am pretty sure you have a eaton 11 and we have the seal just pm me or give us a call.
  • ratracenomore said thank you

#3 ratracenomore OFFLINE  

ratracenomore

• Member No: 6636
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Thank you Bob. I got the seal and got it changed out. It took me an hour to get the old one out. My 3pt works a hell of a lot better now that the hydro has proper oil pressure.
Anyway, Thank you for the help.

#4 slingblade OFFLINE  

slingblade

• Member No: 4072
  • 2 Thanks
  • 40 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 05:52 PM

I saw that someone was attempting to make a replica dash, they had built a fibreglass mold for it. I saw this the other day in my Snapper resto/pull the rest of my hair out quest..I'll try and recall which site that was, not sure if it was on here or not. My days are beginning to blend into a blurred quest for garden tractor serendipity!

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 06:59 PM

I saw that someone was attempting to make a replica dash, they had built a fibreglass mold for it. I saw this the other day in my Snapper resto/pull the rest of my hair out quest..I'll try and recall which site that was, not sure if it was on here or not. My days are beginning to blend into a blurred quest for garden tractor serendipity!

At least one member here was attempting a fiberglass dash. Another member, tweidman
, he built a dash from steel sheet & turned out nice! http://gardentractor...655-custom-409/