Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:06 PM

Well, I went with my neighbor to look at a Craftsman GT 6000 he was interested in buying. We looked the tractor over and he decided it was worth the asking price and he bought it. As we stood there for a few minutes making small talk, the seller mentioned he had an old John Deere out back he would sell. My buddy wasn't interested, but I said I'd take a look at it. Turns out, it was a John Deere 110 with electric lift. It was pretty rough and had some let's say, not quite factory approved repairs made. He fired it up, started the mower deck and all sounded good. No smoke, fired right up(hadn't been started in several months according to the seller). The vari drive isn't working but it drove around nice. I asked him what he wanted for it, he thought for a minute and asked, what would you pay for for it. Before I had a chance to answer, my buddy says, "a hundred bucks". The guy didn't even blink before saying O.K., so on the trailer it went with the other tractor.

Here's a couple pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The switch beside the lift switch is the ignition. The key switch only works the starter, the old guy made this "repair" about 20 years ago.
Posted Image

Well, the Deere herd is growing. This makes number 4. Hopefully soon, I'll decide which one to restore first.
Posted Image

After buying the last Suburban, I swore off buying tractors(for a while at least), so, if you're talking to the Sears guys, don't mention this, I feel bad lying to them.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:19 PM

Gibby, I don't know what to say....

LOL, nice find great price, attaboy!
  • Gibby said thank you

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,513 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:33 PM

Way to go , Gibby. It's awful hard to pass on a deal like that. You didn't go there with the intent of buying anything, it just fell in your lap.
  • Gibby said thank you

#4 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:33 PM

Today was your day! can't go wrong with that......Nice!
  • Gibby said thank you

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:52 PM

Gibby,nothing wrong with that,just a little rough around the edges that's all.
  • Gibby said thank you

#6 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:53 PM

Gibby I can't believe you told us a ______ Wish it had been me. Even if it is the WRONG COLOR for us SEARS guys. LOL
  • Gibby said thank you

#7 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 07:45 PM

I forgot to mention, it came with the 110 operators manual and the operators manual for the model 39 deck!

#8 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 09:58 PM

Nice late 110... 1973 or 1974? Love the PTO like the 200 series.

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 10:41 AM

You got a good deal there. Congrats. Manuals too. Great.
  • Gibby said thank you

#10 sgtrock1976 OFFLINE  

sgtrock1976

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6802
  • 4 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 11:14 AM

Can't believe the "finds" out there.

#11 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 03:01 PM

Well, I went with my neighbor to look at a Craftsman GT 6000 he was interested in buying. We looked the tractor over and he decided it was worth the asking price and he bought it. As we stood there for a few minutes making small talk, the seller mentioned he had an old John Deere out back he would sell. My buddy wasn't interested, but I said I'd take a look at it. Turns out, it was a John Deere 110 with electric lift. It was pretty rough and had some let's say, not quite factory approved repairs made. He fired it up, started the mower deck and all sounded good. No smoke, fired right up(hadn't been started in several months according to the seller). The vari drive isn't working but it drove around nice. I asked him what he wanted for it, he thought for a minute and asked, what would you pay for for it. Before I had a chance to answer, my buddy says, "a hundred bucks". The guy didn't even blink before saying O.K., so on the trailer it went with the other tractor.

Here's a couple pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The switch beside the lift switch is the ignition. The key switch only works the starter, the old guy made this "repair" about 20 years ago.
Posted Image

Well, the Deere herd is growing. This makes number 4. Hopefully soon, I'll decide which one to restore first.
Posted Image

After buying the last Suburban, I swore off buying tractors(for a while at least), so, if you're talking to the Sears guys, don't mention this, I feel bad lying to them.

My 140H3 Had the same for a Ignition switch when I first Bought it It Back to the Way it should Have Been Now. Come on start restoring those Deeres Or I'll have to report you for Deere abuse:thumbs: But since Your in Butler PA I guess that explains the Deere abuse:bigrofl:

#12 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 03:22 PM

Thats quite a lineup you've got there Gibby. I vote for restoring the 317 first. It would have 2 hydraulic outlets and you can rob the 314 for parts that are common.

#13 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 04:07 PM

Thats quite a lineup you've got there Gibby. I vote for restoring the 317 first. It would have 2 hydraulic outlets and you can rob the 314 for parts that are common.

Still not sure which I'll do. But whichever, any parts I need will be bought. These aren't pretty to look at, but they are all complete and working with the exception of the electric PTO on the 317, and the vari-drive on the 110. I hate the thought of tearing down a working tractor for parts. I'm actually into the Sears tractors right now, so I may trade 1 or 2 of the Deeres for Sears attachments, I already have the 317 listed in the classified section.

#14 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 05:10 PM

You sure made a nice find on the JD. I totally agree with you about not tearing apart a working tractor. Let somebody else buy it and hopefully enjoy restoring it.
  • Gibby said thank you

#15 chief915 OFFLINE  

chief915

• Member No: 6917
  • 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 02:19 AM

Great find
  • Gibby said thank you