Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What are the Differences Between a MF 14 and a MF 16?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• Member No: 7799
  • 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted April 09, 2012 - 03:19 PM

hi are these mf 14 tractors semi auto boxes or are they fitted with manual with a high and low box ? also what is a general asking price of a second hand one with a cutter underneath ?would be interested to know as we do not have any in uk and one of these would be great to show.i know i am asking a lot of questions here but would be also interested in shipping rates to uk the cheapest way naturally. thanks hope you can answer some questions. john

There are quite a few in Canada. I think the duty would be cheaper between commonwealth countries? They are hydrostatic with hi/lo ranges. I think the 14/16 have a top speed of 12 mph? Slow boat from China strappped to a pallet would be the cheapest shipping but the salt air would be bad if not in a sealed container.
We have quite a few military pilots from other countries training in St. Louis Missouri. I remember a pilot from Australia saying he was taking a riding mower home so he would be the envy of the neighborhood!
  • john webster said thank you

#32 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• Member No: 8519
  • 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted April 09, 2012 - 03:32 PM

thanks for the swift info piano tuner.i need to make some local enquirys here as we have 5 air bases localy and one is larger than the rest as it is a front line base.will ask when i visit the bases to see if we have any guys out your way

#33 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 10, 2012 - 12:06 AM

what is a general asking price of a second hand one with a cutter underneath ?

They have been selling for 650 - 800 Euros at auction over the past couple of years, sometimes with more than just the grass cutter.

#34 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 11:53 AM

hello tudor. thanks for info,and i have another question. when did they first come onto the market place,and when you mention prices what age are they for that amount. oops that was two questions. thanks john.

#35 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 02:43 PM

John, they were built in 1975/6 when the horsepower wars started in the GT arena. The largest and most powerful of that style, they were superceded in 1977 by the 1200-1855 series of tractors which were slghtly heavier.

Shipping weight for the 14/16 would be close to 500 kilos with the mower.

#36 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:03 PM

hi are these mf 14 tractors semi auto boxes or are they fitted with manual with a high and low box ? also what is a general asking price of a second hand one with a cutter underneath ?would be interested to know as we do not have any in uk and one of these would be great to show.i know i am asking a lot of questions here but would be also interested in shipping rates to uk the cheapest way naturally. thanks hope you can answer some questions. john

Hi John.
The MF14/16 are a really good machine. They are available in Canada, but sometimes in not to good of condition.
I have a couple, and enjoy them. I'm sure we can find you a good one though.(if you really want one)
Are you familiar with the Massey Ferguson Elf? They where made by Gutbrod in Germany, in 1963 for MF.(I really want
one).If you have any ideas/thoughts, just PM me.

Will

#37 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Now Will, if you REALLY want to get John interested in a tractor swap, you have to give him better clues as to exactly what you want .

John, here is a link to the tractor Will wants. I bet he'd be happy to do some trading if you locate one for him.

http://gardentractor...__fromsearch__1
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#38 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 07:07 PM

Now Will, if you REALLY want to get John interested in a tractor swap, you have to give him better clues as to exactly what you want .

John, here is a link to the tractor Will wants. I bet he'd be happy to do some trading if you locate one for him.

http://gardentractor...__fromsearch__1

:bigrofl: Yep, that link pretty much covers it.

#39 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hi John.
The MF14/16 are a really good machine. They are available in Canada, but sometimes in not to good of condition.
I have a couple, and enjoy them. I'm sure we can find you a good one though.(if you really want one)
Are you familiar with the Massey Ferguson Elf? They where made by Gutbrod in Germany, in 1963 for MF.(I really want
one).If you have any ideas/thoughts, just PM me.

Will

hello .i have a collector friend in belgium,and will pm him tonight he has a few collector pals all over europe. lets see what he knows and we will hope for a positive reply. thanks for your help.

#40 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 02:21 PM

hello .i have a collector friend in belgium,and will pm him tonight he has a few collector pals all over europe. lets see what he knows and we will hope for a positive reply. thanks for your help.

will. have spread the word for you as promised. you now have elf scouts in the uk and europe. and lets hope that you get a swift reply. all the best john

#41 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,521 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 05:11 PM

I knew Will couldn't stand it for much longer. Good luck Elf hunting, Will!

#42 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 06:48 PM

I knew Will couldn't stand it for much longer. Good luck Elf hunting, Will!

Some times I wake up in the middle of the night, thinking about Elfs. And that has nothing to do
with Christmas.

John could very well end up with a really fine MF14. :bounce:

#43 john webster OFFLINE  

john webster

• 89 Thanks
  • 118 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 01:13 PM

will.have you seen my replt and got the pm on the elf ? may be a little expensive but what do i know,it may be cheap !

#44 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 07:44 PM

massey ferguson 006.jpg We have had a member on from france with a mf 14 so i believe the massey gt line may have been available there. would be a ton cheaper if you could find one more local,just a thought ,good luck with your search.

#45 Gav694 OFFLINE  

Gav694
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12653
  • 267 Thanks
  • 184 posts

Posted December 19, 2014 - 02:00 PM

attachicon.gifmassey ferguson 006.jpgWe have had a member on from france with a mf 14 so i believe the massey gt line may have been available there. would be a ton cheaper if you could find one more local,just a thought ,good luck with your search.

Not that cheap, theres one MF10 on German ebay for €2500