• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dubauskas OFFLINE  

Dubauskas

• Member No: 6835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hello folks I am brand new to this forum and a proud new owner of a JD 314. It has a 48" deck, a tiller and a MTD Snowblower.

It came with the snow blower attached and the Tiller and deck detached... leaving me to wonder how I might attache those attachments :confuse:

My question... where might I find manuals...? Secondly any other suggestion on how to put these attachments on.

Thanks! - Dave

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hi Dave. Welcome to the JD forum of GTTAlk. I also have a 314 but don't have any of the attachments that you mention. You can access the parts diagrams for your tractor by going to JDParts.com and doing a model number search. The instructions for installing attachments are usually in the manuals for the attachments and are not in the 314 operating manual. If you could snap some pictures and post them, there are some experts on here who could help you figure out what you have and how it attaches. You can have a look in our manuals section to see if we have any for the attachments you have.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 04:55 PM

Dave ,welcome to the forum.
AS Brian said,have a look in the manuals section,and see what's there.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 05:23 PM

Welcome! Depending where you live, you might want to worry about the other attachments come spring.

#5 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 11:47 PM

Welcome!

Take the opportunity to go to your Deere dealer and introduce yourself - see where the parts counter is (smile)....

Some dealers are great help and will do all they can to give you info - those are the dealers I want to bring my business to when I need a dealer! Or you may find a dealer that you never want to set foot in their shop again.

I've had dealers copy off a page or two from a manual or parts diagram to help me out before. They may be able to tell/show you how to attach your attachments..

But go see if they can help you - may actually get a free cup of coffee out of it, and some info!

#6 Dubauskas OFFLINE  

Dubauskas

• Member No: 6835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 09:18 AM

Thank you folks! Very good advice!

#7 sgtrock1976 OFFLINE  

sgtrock1976

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6802
  • 4 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 11:19 AM

for routine maintenance, like draining fluids, which manual is best? Is it in the tech manual or the owner's manual?