Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Can you identify this Onan twin cyl opposed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yooper OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6816
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hello everybody. Can you Identify this Onan Engine? Opposed twin, gas, out of a 1968? Bobcat m444. I got this Engine and need to make it reliable again! This thing will be great once the engine is reliable. I have the heads pulled off, and the flywheel/pump coupling off right now. The Engine is on the bench without the intake or exhaust manifold on right now either.
I need to replace the Points cover(also for the cam right under the points, dont know what this is called), the Fuel Pump diaphragm/seals, timing cover gasket, crank shaft seals on the Mechanical clutch side and the flywheel side of the crank, head gaskets(Maybe I will just copper spray them if they cost too much), Intake/exhaust manifold, the exhaust manifold(y-pipe I suppose it would be?) and the starter is beginning to go so I would like to find a good price on that too. I am sure there is more! haha
The original problem was the fuel tanks were so rusty that I think the carb was getting clogged with rust. The guy I got it from didnt have a filter on it! Silly man. Anyways, I put one on there immediately and there is no scarring to the top of the pistons or cylinder walls. I tried cleaning tank with acid, and failed. I have decided I will install a spare 2 gallon marine tank after the engine is all back together so rust will no longer be an issue.
I would like some info on what engine this is and how to tell how many HP it is as well. Does anyone know a decent place to buy parts from that isnt gonna have too much markup, with good service? I cant identify, but if I had to guess I would say a CCW or b43. ANY advice would be appreciated, I would like to make this engine reliable again! If you need any info or any more pictures let me know! Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9490.jpg

#2 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,165 Thanks
  • 1,720 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 03:09 PM

That is a cast iron Onan model CCKA.

The inside parts are the same on the CCK, CCKA and the CCKB.

#3 coldone OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 08:26 PM

For parts try
Onanparts.com, Your Onan Parts Solution

and another handy one is

#4 yooper OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6816
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 02:47 AM

Thanks alot! Now I can order parts. I am curious now if there is any online sites that sell used or new 1968issh bobcat parts? lol I some random things.It is a m444 1968.