4 replies to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 12:21 AM

i have never been able to get the lift setup on my 147 to work properly with a qa42. i tried making a custom lenght rod last winter and i got very little travel out of my snowblower, it maybe only brought it an inch off the ground. i could also not use the rod that came with the blower. i find this very annoying. i am going to be setting up the tractor for snow removal very soon and i want this setup right this year. last year i got so annoyed i ended up using the snowblower all winter without a lift, it worked but was far from ideal. what does the bracket look like? im talking about the bracket that attaches from the rockshaft to the lift arm that has the hole in it for the lift rod. im thinking that either the geometry of the lift itself is changed, the bracket is wrong, or several different lift rods were offered. im thinking something is wrong with my lift? anyone have any ideas?

#2 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 09:19 PM

If I am understanding your post correctly you are talking about the one that goes on the bottom of the lift handle on the tractor. Here is a pic of the one on my 107. If this is it and you need some dimensions I can measure it up and post them for you.

DSCN1405.JPG

#3 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 09:06 AM

what i have has electric lift so its a little different. when i start mounting the qa42 i will post pics so everyone can see the problem im having.

#4 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 08:10 AM

what i have has electric lift so its a little different. when i start mounting the qa42 i will post pics so everyone can see the problem im having.

Did You Loosen Your depth stop all the way?
If You did and it's still Up a Bit Try to find a Lift Rod for a Narrow Frame Dozer Blade and It will give You that extra Length You Need. It's what I have to do for the QA36 on my 106 with Electric lift:thumbs:

Edited by NUTNDUN, May 10, 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#5 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 09:26 PM

I use a chain and pair of shackles to raise mine.

Posted Image