Garden Tractor Forums banner

Time to Vent!!!

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  grnspot110 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I had to bring two loads of tractors & equipment home from a show in a hurry. Fortunately, a friend of mine hauled one load for me, saving me two hours or more. I just backed my trailer into an open shed until I could unload a week later. When I went to unload the 420, somebody's loose cat had left a deposit in the seat. When I went to clean it today, there is a permanent stain & claw punctures in the $150 seat that was new earlier this summer. :mad2:

Time to thin the stray cats!!! :shoot3:

Feel free to post your aggravations here! ~~ grnspot

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Grnspot110,
Try rubbing a little rubbing compound on the stains to see if it will lift them out. If so, wash the surface good with a good dishwashing liquid after you're done. If it don't work, you really didn't make anything worse. Can't help you much for the claw holes.

That really sucks for you. As a fellow collector, I know how hard it is to lose a good seat. It's like someone just scratched a freshly restored paint job. Kill the cat and throw it on the road down the lane. It'll look like someone ran over it!

#12 ·
Try some stuff called "Tuff Stuff" carpet and interior cleaner. Spray it on, scrub with a brush, wipe off with a damp terry cloth rag. If that won't take the stain out, I would venture to say nothing will. One can get it at auto parts stores and Wally World used to have it-don't know if they still do or not. It will not hurt the vinyl, but don't get it on any painted surface.

#15 ·
daytime dave said:
Sorry to hear about the seat. Hope you can get the stain out. If you do, let us know how you did it.
In the good old days, I would use electronics cleaner for stuff like that with great results. Unfortunately, it was virgin CFC12 in those cans that worked so well. No longer available. Haven't found a worthy substitute... Yet.

#16 ·
Things are looking better, Chief found one of the culprits in the wife's flower pots a couple of days ago. Another one that was in her flower beds last weekend was laying in the rod ditch nearby, when Chief & I were walking yesterday! ~~ grnspot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.