Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 03:32 PM

OK a while back I bought a truck load of 1 and 2 wheel tractors and parts mostly to save them from a bad end.I'm not a 2 wheel guy but I do plan to keep one or 2 of them.The rest needs new homes I am going to post some pics of the tractor's and parts 1 or 2 at a time trying to get some info on them,some I know what company made them but don't know the models or what they will fit. I will use what I find out here to put them in the classifieds

Thanks for any help given
Kenny

This is the first I know it is a Bolens, the reel mower and plow look to fit on it as I put them on it any help on the model and what the attachments would fit would great

Attached Thumbnails

• 2 wheel tractors 021.jpg
  • 2 wheel tractors 030.jpg
  • 2 wheel tractors 033.jpg
  • 2 wheel tractors 027.jpg

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,200 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 03:49 PM

Looks to be a older power ho.
  • Littledeere said thank you

#3 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 05:40 PM

Google Images, try this site, very helpfull, everything looks to be in good working shape, nice find,
  • Bolens 1000 and Littledeere have said thanks

#4 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 08:24 AM

OK looks like this is a Power HO somewere from 1950 to 1953 and it should have a Cliton 2 HP

I have one more attachment that may be for this but I don't see how it hooks up I knew it
was for a Bolens but I could not get it to fit but yet I see it in pics in Manuals here is a pic of the cultivator
is it missing something to hook it up does it fit this tractor

Attached Thumbnails

• 2 wheel tractors 014.jpg
  • 2 wheel tractors 016.jpg

#5 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,169 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 09:47 AM

This is the first I know it is a Bolens, the reel mower and plow look to fit on it as I put them on it any help on the model and what the attachments would fit would great

The plow is most likely a model A300B which will fit any of the model 12BA and 12BB Bolens Power-Ho's.

The reel mower will be a model A401B if it is a 24" cut, or a model A402B if it is a 30" cut. .....Either will fit the model 12BA and 12BB Power-Ho's.

Your Model 12BA-02 tractor was know as a Power-Ho Special. .....As you know, it was made between 1950 & 1953. .....It was equipped with a 2hp model B764 Clinton engine.

#6 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,169 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 09:56 AM

OK looks like this is a Power HO somewere from 1950 to 1953 and it should have a Cliton 2 HP

I have one more attachment that may be for this but I don't see how it hooks up I knew it
was for a Bolens but I could not get it to fit but yet I see it in pics in Manuals here is a pic of the cultivator
is it missing something to hook it up does it fit this tractor

The cultivator is a model 12A200 and fits the 1947-1948 Bolens model 12A tractor. .......It will not fit onto the 12BA or 12BB tractors, as the hitch is different. .....However, by changing the drawbar assy to the 12B style, the rest of the cultivator can be used on the 12BA & 12BB Power-Ho's.

Your 12BA tractor had a list price of $165.00 (1951) or $169.00 (1952-1953).

I don't know if you've found them yet, but many of the manuals for attachments and your tractor are posted in the Bolens section of the Manuals forum.

#7 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 10:09 AM

I think that if there was a drawback to owning a Bolens walker, it would be in the fact that there were to many differnt hitching systems. Hardly ever see an A series Bolens here, mostly its the 12b's or the 15f's and once in a while you find a gardener.

I lkie the looks of those gauge wheels on that cultivator, to bad your on the other side of the world from me.

#8 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 06:54 PM

Lauber1 ;It's just a small trip I was out to there to Little G this year thats in Dyersville were does that put you at on the map
I have a truck load so I can fill your trailer And I think it's a Gardener coming up next I will post a pic

Bruce ;Thanks a lot you seem to have a handle on the Bolens Tractors
I thought the cultivator looked different I could not see how it could hook to this tractor but it was the correct size
and I had found it in the manuals on here. I have never realy fooled with 2 wheel tractors and all this came as a large bunch of tractors
they had misc attachments and around 12 tractors of different makes

So off this one goes to the for sale adds

#9 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 09, 2011 - 07:35 PM

OK here is the next pic it again is a Bolens I think a Gardener I have a cultivator for it
this thing weighs a ton again any info would be great

Attached Thumbnails

• 2 wheel walkers 028.jpg
  • 2 wheel walkers 026.jpg

#10 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,169 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 01:16 AM

I believe that is a B&S engine on the Gardener. .....If so, it would be a 1949 Bolens model B6A4 or B6A5, as that was the only year a B&S engine was used on some tractors.

However, all years (1947-1956) of Gardeners, including 1949, had Wisconsin engines.
  • Bolens 1000, MH81, Littledeere and 1 other said thanks

#11 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 10, 2011 - 08:23 PM

Here is a little better pic of the eng it was getting dark it does kind of look like a Briggs
it is a little strange the plug is on the side of the head over the intake and carb I took a pic of the tag but can't see it well

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens 002.jpg
  • Bolens 001.jpg
  • Bolens 005.jpg

#12 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,169 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 06:37 AM

Here is a little better pic of the eng it was getting dark it does kind of look like a Briggs
it is a little strange the plug is on the side of the head over the intake and carb I took a pic of the tag but can't see it well

I would have guessed a Model "A" or model "B" B&S, but it looks like the tag reads model BR6 ???? .....The "R6" means it would have a 6:1 gear reduction on the output side of the engine.

The A & B engines look very much alike, but one has 6 head bolts, the other has 7. .....I can never remember which is which.

#13 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,719 Thanks
  • 4,279 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 10:47 AM

[quote name='Bruce Dorsi']I believe that is a B&S engine on the Gardener. .....If so, it would be a 1949 Bolens model B6A4 or B6A5, as that was the only year a B&S engine was used on some tractors.

Bruce, is this statement only for the Gardeners? Bolens was using Briggs engines from the start. The engine used on the Gardener was the BR6. I have one on a standard Gardener and also the Hi-Boy. I'll have to check the dates and see if they fit.

#14 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,169 Thanks
  • 2,143 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 08:52 PM

[quote name='DougT'][quote name='Bruce Dorsi']I believe that is a B&S engine on the Gardener. .....If so, it would be a 1949 Bolens model B6A4 or B6A5, as that was the only year a B&S engine was used on some Bolens Gardener tractors.

Bruce, is this statement only for the Gardeners? Yes. Bolens was using Briggs engines from the start. Correct.The engine used on the Gardener was the BR6. I have one on a standard Gardener and also the Hi-Boy. I'll have to check the dates and see if they fit.[/QUOTE] ...

#15 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted October 11, 2011 - 09:37 PM

Bruce it does say BR6 I can read it win I know what I am looking for and has a gear reduction here is a pic of the other side
I was thinking of keeping this one before this has got me thinking about it again this one is pretty complete

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens 001.jpg
  • Bolens 003.jpg
  • Bolens 002.jpg