• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• Member No: 2212
  • 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 11:17 PM

Was browsing at Home Depot and found the Echo Model CS-370 on clearance for $134 regularly priced at $269 . I already own one that has a few years on it with an upgraded 18" bar. The price was so good I bought another. Just thought I would share this savings if anyone is looking to get a new saw. I cut Cherry, Maple, Birch, Ash with mine and whatever I drop and block it always has plenty of power.

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 07:04 AM

Echo's are great saws
I have got a cs440 and love it

#3 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 02:10 PM

the 370 is a fine little saw. 18" bar/chain is too much for it however. i'd stick at 12-14". at that price it is deff. worth it for a good all around saw.
i wouldn't put an 18" bar/chain on anything less than the echo 400 or 440. they will pull it with authority.:smile1:
keep in mind: other than this "clearance" sale it's far better to support you local dealer. they will set the saw up and tune it to make sure it's running at it's best. out of the box the saw it set VERY lean, and they need to be richened up quite a bit to give their best. otherwise they will self destruct. but like everything else out there, there is those very few dealers that know nothing and don't do nothing. these particular establishments give a whole brand a bad name.
now you need to know about muffler mods:bounce:
think that saw runs good now?:D:D:D

#4 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 06:28 PM

the 370 is a fine little saw. 18" bar/chain is too much for it however. i'd stick at 12-14". at that price it is deff. worth it for a good all around saw.
i wouldn't put an 18" bar/chain on anything less than the echo 400 or 440. they will pull it with authority.:smile1:
keep in mind: other than this "clearance" sale it's far better to support you local dealer. they will set the saw up and tune it to make sure it's running at it's best. out of the box the saw it set VERY lean, and they need to be richened up quite a bit to give their best. otherwise they will self destruct. but like everything else out there, there is those very few dealers that know nothing and don't do nothing. these particular establishments give a whole brand a bad name.
now you need to know about muffler mods:bounce:
think that saw runs good now?:D:D:D

I agree about supporting local dealers but my local echo dealer is a piece of work, LOL As far as the 18" bar mine has been on a couple of years with no problems. My first one needed the carb adjusted bad and I also did my new one today. I know all about the muffler mods my first one is already done, just gonna run a few tanks thru the new one before I split the muffler open and play Dr.

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 08:29 PM

No clearance saws at my local HD. I would have gotten one probably. Always looking to upgrade from my Sears Poulan.

#6 mmclaughlin OFFLINE  

mmclaughlin

• 70 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 09:50 PM

No clearance saws at my local HD. I would have gotten one probably. Always looking to upgrade from my Sears Poulan.

Where are you at in ny ? I am near Massena.

#7 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted October 20, 2011 - 08:02 AM

i work at an echo dealer and there great saws, cant go wrong with one