2 replies to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 08:24 AM

th parts 100 i bought doesnt have a creeper. can i use the driveshaft on my 124 with creeper. i thought i read once that they were the same and you would cut the driveshaft down in order to fit the tractor with creeper and that they had extra holes in so when you cut it down to size it would work. is this true or do i still need a new shaft

#2 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 11:22 AM

looking at the driveshaft i think i answer my own question. seems like there is a line scribed on the driveshaft which would indicate the "cut line" and there is another un-used hole there where the transmission coupler will go. i think i will remove the clutch and driveshaft tomorrow and see if its not bent. if it isnt bent then i will sandblast and use what i have. can i pain the driveshaft to prevent future rusting?

#3 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 12:15 PM

ad356 that is correct in cutting the driveshaft where the score line is. I would advise not painting the portion of the shaft where the clutch plates sit. There is not a lot of tolerance there and a layer of paint might make the sliding plate hang up and not release the clutch. Put a little grease in the area where the sliding plate sits and it will help release the clutch.