Jump to content

Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay



Photo
- - - - -

Horrible Winter is likely for Toledo


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

    Tractorholic

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts
  • Location: Sylvania, OH

Posted October 05, 2011 - 11:58 PM

Weather - Toledo Blade

Sounds like music to an Ingersoll owner with a freshly rebuilt snowcaster!!! Bring it on...LOL
  • Bolens 1000 and MH81 have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

    Proud to be Deplorable

  • Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts
  • Location: N. W. PA

Posted October 06, 2011 - 05:53 AM

The pessimist in me says their reasoning is sound, the optimist in me says their batting 500 on tomorrow's weather, let alone a month from now...

#3 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

    Tractorholic

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts
  • Location: Sylvania, OH

Posted October 06, 2011 - 11:58 PM

Sounded good...LOL they're right less than 20% of the time the other 80% they blame on the weather...

#4 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

    Village Idiot

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts
  • Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted October 07, 2011 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, I'm thinking that it's not going to snow at all this year as I have a snowblower now and will have a snow blade done for the Panzer by winter. Last winter I had just a shovel and armstrong power and it snowed every week.

Unless it can snow in Toledo and stop by the time the weather hits Pittsburgh...

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

    Super Moderator

  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts
  • Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia - Canada

Posted October 07, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Every Winter seems to be different here. I prepare for the worst, hope for the best and take whatever we get.

#6 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

    Got points?

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts
  • Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Posted October 07, 2011 - 11:32 AM

The past two winters have been nasty our here in Nebraska. Snow and the usual winds make a large drift in my driveway a regular part of winter. I am almost ready with the 110 sporting a model 42 blade and the 120 waiting for the model 49 snowblower. We will see what we actually get.




Top