• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 03:28 PM

Would anyone be willing to provide what would be considered a fair value for a used 48 inch deck off of a GT3000 Craftsman mower? I have looked at it only briefly, would say it looked typical of any used deck. Nothing missing and plastic chute is in good shape. The guy was mowing the lawn. Went into the house to get a drink came back out and the engine was on fire. So it was mowing grass when taken out of commission by the fire. I'm the person with the GT3000 with the wrong deck and I'm thinking this could resolve some issues I'm having. This deck is a year or two earlier than my tractor and I'm not sure if that would be a problem or not. I know that the 50 inch deck that is on it now goes through a belt each season. I don't believe that is the proper life for a belt. Any way let me know what you think about what kind of price would be proper. I know there are variables that enter into the value equation.
Thanks for looking

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,648 Thanks
  • 28,306 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 10:55 PM

There are a lot of variables. I guess, what I would do, is check to see if it was cleaned after use that last time. If not, you will be dealing with some awfully thin metal in places. Inspect it for scale, check the quills for noise, make sure there aren't any stress cracks around the quills or mount/ lift arm locations... In good, usable condition... $50 - 100? More if in above average condition and you really want it. I don't want to sound cheap, I saw a JD 50" deck sell for hundreds recently, but that's my $.02 I guess.

#3 Sergeant OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 09:35 PM

IF you can give me the Year of you GT3000 I can give You the Blue Book Value of it:thumbs: