• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 01:14 PM

I'm not familiar with the wheelhorse C G 7, could anyone tell me if it is a rare one or anything about them,would this be one on a collectors list or not. Thanks:anyone:

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'm not familiar with that model. I'm a Wheel Horse collector myself, but by NO means am I an expert. That being said, I've never heard of that one. We'd love to see some pictures if you have them. It might also help some of the others guys to help you ID it.

#3 WH1056 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4545
  • 64 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:16 PM

A descendant of the Commando V models. They were a "heavy-duty" lawn tractor built around '71/'72. Had a 7hp Tecumseh vertical-shaft engine (recoil start or electric start versions were both offered) / WH 5075 3 speed Uni-Drive transaxle.
Although not plentiful, I would not consider them sought-after nor a "collectible" model - unless the basis of your collection is anything with "Wheel Horse" stickers, or vertical-shaft lawn tractors. Tractor-mounted attachments don't interchange with any of the garden tractor models.
If you still think you have to have it, be sure to thoroughly examine the shifter boot/seal. They are below the oil level in these models and are known to leak. Not a bad thing if you could still get them, but they have been NLA for years. (p/n 8002)
  • tractorman604 said thank you