8 replies to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 11:37 AM

i think its a 124. i know for sure its a narrow frame IH powered by a kohler. the guy said its a 10hp but then tells me that its a k301, so i think its a 12hp and he doesnt know his history. its missing the hood and the front piece. the engine is seized. i need parts to complete the 124 i have been working on. money has been the biggest constraint with finishing my project. i need a new ross gear assembly (i know they can be rebuilt but mine is in really poor shape), a driveshaft and a blower housing, and other items. items. im going to pick up the parts tractor for 50 bucks, it will have quite a few of the parts i need to complete my project. whatever i dont use to complete the 124 restoration i will sell on ebay. i hardly think i could loose any money at 50 bucks!!

i can strip the engine down to the bare block and sell things like the crankshaft, cam, coil, ect. i also need a carburator so this tractor would give me this as well. i would save the block so i would have a spare rebuild-able k301 block.

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 11:42 AM

Good luck. I hope the parts tractor helps you out.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:03 PM

Best of luck with the parts tractor! I hope that it's all that you need and more!

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 09:59 PM

Good luck on the parts. Hope it has the missing puzzle pieces you need for yours.

#5 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 11:27 AM

looking at the picture, i think it might have a creeper gear. i already have a creaper gear on my 124 that im restoring, so i dont need 1. i could sell that piece for 150-200 bucks all day long. i think allot of these people dont even know what they have until its gone. im going to look at it in a couple of hours. i will basically give him the 50 bucks and drive a way with a big grin on my face, knowing what this stuff is really worth to collectors. the engine is siezed but its complete minus the starter generator. carburator, head, air cleaner, clutch, its all there. people just dont have a clue about these classic tractors, do they?

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 11:51 AM

ad, I'll give you your money back if you just go ahead and ship me the creeper gear.:D

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 11:56 AM

Good luck on the parts. Hope it has the missing puzzle pieces you need for yours.

Ditto!

#8 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 07:26 PM

i bought the parts tractor. it isnt a 124 but it was a 100. the guy mis-identified the engine, it is a k241. i paid 40 bucks for the tractor, it's kinda rough but out of the deal i got a good ross gear, a blower housing thats in fairly good shape, a carburator that might need another throttle shaft, an air cleaner, and a manual lift. those are the parts i need as of right now but i still have the rest of the tractor. i will probably strip the engine down to the bare block and sell whatever i can. i will see whats good, maybe a useable crank, cam, and head i can sell. i also have transmission parts, im going to say parts becuase while the shift knob moves it seems like it isnt changing gears. no matter what position the shift knob is it seems to be in gear, probably a broken shift fork. how some people break these transmissions i have no idea. for 40 bucks there is plenty of useable and sellable parts and there is chance of loosing any money.

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Glad to hear you got a good deal.