• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 city farmer OFFLINE  

city farmer

• Member No: 6708
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 09:39 AM

My wife and I own about 16 acres that we live on. We keep a little less than half of that mowed. We have used the X575 mower for the past 2 seasons and just love it. However, in the interest of trying to cut down mowing time we bought a 84" finish mower and a smaller ZTR for around the house. Anyways, we are going to sell the John Deere now and wasn't real sure on how to set a price on it. We had an area trader look at it and say they would price it at $6350 if it was at there store. Confident that we can't get the same price as a guy in the business but what would be fair to start at. It only has 585 hrs on it and has a 62" deck. The only thing I know that is wrong with it is the fuel gauge stopped working and the seat is cracked in the corner.

#2 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 09:31 PM

Don't know the answer to your question, but a few suggestions...

Check the auction sites (machinery trader, craigslist, ebay, etc and see what simmilar equipment is going for. Don't look at asking price, look at selling price in historic sales over the past year or so. Factor in that location affects price quite a bit at times.....

Run it by a couple dealers and see what they would give you as a trade in for something new they have. That would give you some idea how that $6350 price sits. Of course, you can get more if you sell it, but your time and effort is involved then....

Another issue is how bad you want to sell it..... You might be able to get top dollar for it if you wait for the right buyer to come along. Or you could sell it tomorrow if the price is right....

Good luck and hope you can get your price for it!!!

#3 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 09:32 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Welcome to the forum!!!