Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for November 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#16 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:39 PM

Photo0255.jpg I would like to nominate my 1968 panzer 1107.

I got this tractor out of a barn in june of 2011. When i got it the tractor had a straight stack and 2 2x4s as a seat. The tractor also ran horrible. It would crack and pop and had no power. But that was all about to change.
Photo0257.jpg
Once i got the tractor it became my baby. I put the fenders on it, washed it, took the stack off, and got it to run perfect. Then on july 16-17 I took it to the fort allen antique farm equiptment assosiation summer fun fest and took 2nd place in ugliest tractor. I lost to a ford 8n t

hat someone painted with a mop and put flames on the hood than sat it outside for 30 years. This tractor is truly a ugly machine.
Photo0253.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• panzer 004.jpg
  • Photo0268.jpg
  • Photo0254.jpg
  • Photo0252.jpg
  • Photo0251.jpg
  • Photo0256.jpg

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:40 PM

I haven't won it yet guys, and I sold it to Alan, so it will be a shared competitor. It also is not regulation yet, as it needs another paragraph, and a few other pieces of information that Alan will have to provide.

It also needs to be a fully drivable runner too. If it isn't running & driving, then it's not a valid entry. Heck, I have tons of junk that looks like that Massey.

#18 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:42 PM

It also needs to be a fully drivable runner too. If it isn't running & driving, then it's not a valid entry. Heck, I have tons of junk that looks like that Massey.

I agree. thats the rules for the tractor club. has to run and drive under own power

#19 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:50 PM

:ditto:

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:51 PM

I edited the first post to make note that an entry has to be a runner, capable of making it from point a to point b under it's own power, even if the distance between points is only 10 feet.

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:53 PM

I would like to nominate my 1968 panzer 1107.

Then on july 16-17 I took it to the fort allen antique farm equiptment assosiation summer fun fest and took 2nd place in ugliest tractor. I lost to a ford 8n t

hat someone painted with a mop and put flames on the hood than sat it outside for 30 years. This tractor is truly a ugly machine.

That's a shame you had to compete against farm tractors. At my local show, the GT's & farm tractors are judged separately.

#22 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 03:14 PM

Nominations are supposed to be running/driving units.

Alan said he had it running and moving, so that was enough for me. I am sure Alan will chime in later this evening. I didn't say the pics were current, they were the ones I took of it before rescuing it, and I know Alan hadn't posted any lol.

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 03:21 PM

Alan said he had it running and moving, so that was enough for me. I am sure Alan will chime in later this evening. I didn't say the pics were current, they were the ones I took of it before rescuing it, and I know Alan hadn't posted any lol.

That's different then, but need pics as it is at the time of nomination. Alan can provide them when he checks in. :thumbs:

#24 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 03:27 PM

That's different then, but need pics as it is at the time of nomination. Alan can provide them when he checks in. :thumbs:

That's the fun of this month, the real owner must provide the rest of the story. I believe it has had some upgrades since, but not much, mabey another grill, and a seat lol.

#25 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,158 Thanks
  • 1,161 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 04:36 PM

I would like to nominate my 1961 cub cadet original.I bought this sight unseen,when i got brought to my house from West Virginia,the steering column, cam follower was broken off fixed that both front tires were seized. Got them freed-up and time tried to start it.While my2 cans off pb blaster was soaking all the rusted bolts i took the tractor down to the frame and engine then put it back like it was.Iwas suprised that i did not round off or break any bolts. Time to start.

Getting it started was no problem but, getting it to move was. It would only go in 1st and reverse and had to take the shifter plate off and free-up shifting board. The only other thing I have done to it was re-build the carburator. The serial # on the tractor is 2359 which means it was produced in Feburary 1961.

Attached Thumbnails

• 016.jpg
  • 013.jpg
  • 018.jpg
  • 015.jpg
  • 014.jpg

#26 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 07:39 PM

So far we have some really good entries! Keep 'em coming guys!!

#27 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:09 PM

I'm going to add my ugly one into the pot. It's a 1968 Sears SS12. I got it mid July this summer. It came with a Sears sickle bar mower, which
I am working on now. Also came with some part of what was a snowblower. It's all original, tires, engine. I've had it in the shop over the last
week, and have given it the once over. I've done a few alterations to it while it's been in the shop. As it was, as an original, it wasn't really
all that ugly, but now I think it could pass.

I've been telling my wife, that it's her new snowmobile. I've got some ugly looks for that. I plan on using it on hard pack trails, as toy, but the
main reason for the ski setup, and duals with chains, is to help me out in my mini winter logging hobby. I have a couple of swamps to cross, and
often they are slippery ice like a skating rink. My twin track snowmobile without studs in the track, just spins on that stuff. I'm hoping this SS12
will pick up the slack. We'll see. She starts and runs great. During the summer, I'll switch over to rubber on the front, and use it for sickle mowing
duty. I think it looks like some kind of a bug.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010071.jpg
  • P1010073.jpg
  • P1010215.jpg
  • irt3.jpg
  • P1010077.jpg
  • P1010075.jpg
  • P1010076.jpg
  • pic.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, October 11, 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#28 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Now that is cool with the skis on it.

Edited by mjodrey, October 06, 2011 - 04:28 AM.

#29 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:13 PM

I would like to nominate my 1968 panzer 1107.

I got this tractor out of a barn in june of 2011. When i got it the tractor had a straight stack and 2 2x4s as a seat. The tractor also ran horrible. It would crack and pop and had no power. But that was all about to change.
Once i got the tractor it became my baby. I put the fenders on it, washed it, took the stack off, and got it to run perfect. Then on july 16-17 I took it to the fort allen antique farm equiptment assosiation summer fun fest and took 2nd place in ugliest tractor. I lost to a ford 8n t

Wow, when I gave you my 1107 take-offs, I was hoping that the sheet metal was in better shape than what you had. Now, I know for sure that it was. Put a coat of teal paint on that stuff I have you and it'll make it do a complete turn-around and look great.

#30 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:19 PM

Now that is cool with the skies on it.

No, it's UGLY.LOL