Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for November 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

We are now taking nominations for featured tractor of the month for November 2011. The theme for this month is "Ugly Tractor" (Nominations must be a running tractor). This is one of my favorite months. Last year we did it where you had to nominate someone else's tractor but this year we are going to do it where you can nominate someone else's tractor or you can nominate your own. jdslednut won last year with his crudet.

I also can't emphasize enough to please provide at least 2 paragraphs for the description of you tractor. The winner is going to be featured on the GTtalk home page and will also be in the LAGT magazine. This is your chance to shine.

Here are the rules:

• Tractor being nominated must not have been a featured in the last 12 months.
  • Please give at least a two paragraph description to tell us about your tractor.
  • You need 2 photos attached to your post as attachments, not linked from another site, the year make and model, and a brief description of your history with the tractor and what you use it for most.

We will accept up to 15 nominations, this thread will be closed after the 15th nomination. Once 15 nominations are made we will start a new thread for the voting. Voting will run to the end of the current month and on the 1st of the following month the winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page and in our Featured Tractors section.

Rules subject to change to better work for everyone. Good luck!

Edited by NUTNDUN, October 05, 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 07:39 AM

I was a couple days late getting the nominations started. This is my favorite month so get them nominations in. You can nominate someone's tractor or you can nominate your own but it has to be ugly. Also GTtalk Featured Tractor winners will be in the LAGT magazine. :D

#3 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:15 AM

This ought to be an interesting month!! The stakes are higher now.... So lets see what you got!!
Peter

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 09:30 AM

Let the UGLY begin!

I would like to nominate my 1968 Bush Hog V4-6. I bought this from GTT member "dryrun" up in English Indiana on 11/13/2010. It was rough as a cob & still is. Original engine was a Tecumseh HH60, but for now it has a TEC 8hp till I can find an original.
This uses a variable sheave pulley system as used in many other makes, coupled to a 4 speed transaxle. The sheet metal is identical to that of the Bush Hog D4-10, and that's good, as it was missing a rear fender, and I had a parts D4-10 to get a fender from. It has a sleeve hitch lift system. All very heavy built, with 1" front spindles & 4 bolt hubs like on trailers.
Eventually I will restore this one, but it will be a long time coming. For now, she'll just stay UGLY! LOL

V4-6.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVZM0aBAgc4

Posted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• V4-6 1.jpg
  • V46.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, October 05, 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 10:14 AM

I'd like to nominate my 1961 Cub Cadet "Original".
I have owned it for 5 years now,bought back in 2006.Was looking through Kijiji one day ,and there it was.When I e-mailed the guy,I got no answer,and this went on for three or four days. Finally I got a reply back from a lady ,saying that the tractor belonged to her father,and he did not have the internet.She said he was away for a couple of days,and would call me ,if I left my number with her.Two more days went by,then I got the call.He said he wanted $200 for it,and he had to get rid of it because the property where he was storing it ,was being sold.

I decided to go have a look at it,and take my trailer just in case. This was in Martin's River,about an hour and a half from me.I get there and find it wrapped in a heavy canvas military type tarp.We talked for a while,and I talked him down to $75,so on the trailer it went.

I have not done anything with it yet,it is just waiting patiently.It is in solid condition,needing mostly tear down,cleaning,and repainting.There are a few little dents in the hood,but other than that ,it is very straight.

Attached Thumbnails

• First Pictures 01&.jpg
  • First Pictures 01&.jpg

#6 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Maynard, I wish you the best of luck in the competition, but that original is not ugly by any means. Don't you have anything that is rusty? :wave:

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 12:16 PM

:bigrofl:
Yeah,I know it could be a lot worse.My 1963 Bolens is really ugly,but I only have 1 picture of it,and now do not have a working camera any more.

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 12:43 PM

UGLY at it's finest !

Alright,I found a partial second picture of my 1963 Bolens 800,so I would like to nominate this one instead of the Cub Cadet.

It is about as ugly as they come.I bought it in 2005,from a guy in Nictaux N.S. It was quite by accident that I found it,I was there in the area for another reason altogether. I was buying an old International Cub RER,and happened to look over across the field and saw what looked like an old small tractor. I asked the guy about it,but He didn't know anything about it.He told me to go see his neighbor ,so I went next door to speak with this gentleman. When he came out ,I told him I had noticed an old tractor in his back field and was wondering what it was.He said that it was an old Bolens,and it had been there for 18 years just sitting under a tree.I asked if I could go look at it,and he said sure.

So I walk back through this field until I was close enough to see what it was,and thought,I got to have this.It was all there,the engine was not seized,but most all of the paint was weathered right off.I went back and asked the guy if he would sell it,and he said yes he would sell it,but wanted $100 for it.I gave his what he was asking ,and then went and got my truck and trailer from next door .I had to winch it on the trailer,as the lock pin on the rear axle was seized.

Got it home,unloaded it,and blew off 18 years of pine needles,and there are no rust holes anywhere in the sheet metal.Now it is on my restore list for sometime in the future.It does run and drive,I have had it over to my neighbor's place a few times.

Attached Thumbnails

• First Pictures 00&.jpg
  • First Pictures 00&.jpg

Edited by mjodrey, October 07, 2011 - 06:30 AM.

#9 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Let the UGLY begin!
I would like to nominate my 1968 Bush Hog V4-6. I bought this from GTT member "dryrun" up in English Indiana on 11/13/2010. It was rough as a cob & still is. Original engine was a Tecumseh HH60, but for now it has a TEC 8hp till I can find an original.
This uses a variable sheave pulley system as used in many other makes, coupled to a 4 speed transaxle. The sheet metal is identical to that of the Bush Hog D4-10, and that's good, as it was missing a rear fender, and I had a parts D4-10 to get a fender from. It has a sleeve hitch lift system. All very heavy built, with 1" front spindles & 4 bolt hubs like on trailers.
Eventually I will restore this one, but it will be a long time coming. For now, she'll just stay UGLY! LOL

Got to love the 4 different tires and the backward AG tire:bigrofl:Now thats UGLY

Edited by olcowhand, October 05, 2011 - 02:28 PM.
fixed the quote

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 01:17 PM

I am going to nominate my old Scrap Massey, which I sold to Alan (MH81) minus a few things. I got the tractor out of the scrapyard for the wheel weights, and that it was too good to scrap. I was right, because a week after selling it to Alan he had it running and driveable with very little work. Not much more to be said about it, other than it is one of the ugliest tractors I ever seen. So ugly in fact, that other members said I should have left it in the scrap yard lol. Hopefully Alan will come along and elaborate on his Scrap Massey.

scrapmassey2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• scrapmassey1.jpg

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 01:27 PM

And we have a winner. How do you compete with something like that?:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

http://gardentractor...rapmassey2-jpg/

#12 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 01:38 PM

I was going to enter something but after Buzz put that Massey on I just can't compete.
I move the nominations cease and we just declare buzz a winner by acclamation. :smile1:

:worshippy1: :worshippy1: :worshippy1:

#13 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 01:38 PM

I am going to nominate my old Scrap Massey, which I sold to Alan (MH81) minus a few things. I got the tractor out of the scrapyard for the wheel weights, and that it was too good to scrap. I was right, because a week after selling it to Alan he had it running and driveable with very little work. Not much more to be said about it, other than it is one of the ugliest tractors I ever seen. So ugly in fact, that other members said I should have left it in the scrap yard lol. Hopefully Alan will come along and elaborate on his Scrap Massey.

It has a good looking wheel weight:D:D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22318[/ATTACH]

Posted Image

#14 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:14 PM

I haven't won it yet guys, and I sold it to Alan, so it will be a shared competitor. It also is not regulation yet, as it needs another paragraph, and a few other pieces of information that Alan will have to provide.

#15 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:29 PM

Nominations are supposed to be running/driving units.