tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 12:47 AM

:wallbanging: My little bride just let the dog out to take care of business (12:15AM) and asked me to let her back in when she was through. A few minutes went by and she scratched at the door. When I opened the door it hit me. I rushed her to the shower and applied this stuff we got at the feed store that's supposed to take care of it. Soaked her down and now have to wait until she dries to see if it works.
I've been trying to trap or :shoot3::blowingup: :shoot2:that $@#^%&# skunk since the first time with no luck. Guess I'll set me up a stand down by the creek with my light every night until I succeed.

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 01:46 AM

At least you had the antistink in stock to take care of the problem. You should mount a backpack on the dog that sprays the skunk back next time LOL.

#3 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 04:02 AM

I had the same issue a year ago,and both my dogs got it! Hydrogen peroxide ,baking soda, and a tiny bit of dish soap works incredible!
A box trap that is closed on the sides works good, put some stinky meat in it and see what you get, I wad able to rig my entire neighborhood of them. Even caught the babies, they are the worst, spray at anything!

#4 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:14 PM

I had the same issue a year ago,and both my dogs got it! Hydrogen peroxide ,baking soda, and a tiny bit of dish soap works incredible!
A box trap that is closed on the sides works good, put some stinky meat in it and see what you get, I wad able to rig my entire neighborhood of them. Even caught the babies, they are the worst, spray at anything!

We used that same concoction on our 2 dogs last year.It seemed to work pretty well considering the stench.

#5 big red dog OFFLINE  

big red dog

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6580
  • 22 Thanks
  • 81 posts

Posted October 07, 2011 - 09:41 PM

Is it true ???
Everything's bigger in Texas ???
Did it work ???