DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 06:24 PM

Brochure for GE Elec-Traks, dated dec/69.
Found this the today, it's full of pictures and info on early model GE tractors.

>http://www.myelec-tr...om/gea-8847.pdf

IMO this needs to be a sticky here.
  • sacsr, CharlesDes and agnespi3 have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for posting this. The brochure is in very good shape. Those tractors really were ahead of their time. Its too bad there isn't a large company like GE to invest in a modern version.

#3 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 08:04 PM

I will fess up I was caught in the act - the mystery machine came from this brochure . My best guess is that it was a prototype using either a Bolens 770 w / snowthrower easily converted to 36 volt in late 67 / early 68 with a wood platform to mount seat on . Or maybe a Wheelhorse of equivalent type layout . Two or three people originally involved may remember if asked in proper fashion. Mr Beckett intends to follow up on details such as these. Now for a little tidbit. These prototype pics were used because production of actual units was delayed for true pics of units to be sold. The pic of 4 blade deck may have been lost in shuffle if they could have gone to production line for pics . But they could not , factory was ready but the people to be assemblers would not cross a picket line. The years of 1965 to 1975 had turmoil which can not ignored no matter how it is tried. I have only stated what is this post to put the Elec-Trak history in context.

#4 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for such a great post. I really enjoy looking at the old brochures. One thing I have learned is that if I am to operate the older machinery,I have to start dressing better .Those folks dress better than I do when I think I'm dressed up.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,322 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 11:57 PM

Thanks for such a great post. I really enjoy looking at the old brochures. One thing I have learned is that if I am to operate the older machinery,I have to start dressing better .Those folks dress better than I do when I think I'm dressed up.

I've noticed that my Sunday Best isn't good enough to mow in either ... :bigrofl:
  • DH1 said thank you