22 replies to this topic

#16 RickyH OFFLINE  

RickyH

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6133
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 11:04 AM

Ok the tag for a sickle unist is on the front top side of the mule drive. I can see a tag in the picture, but some of the mower units also had one there. The drive for the sickle is differnt than the one for the mower., but it would probally work. As far i know none of the sickles have there tags on the sickle unit itself, and only some of the mowing decks have theres on the deck.

Yes the mule drive is for a rotary mower 60655. I have a second 60656 sickle with the correct (tagged) mule drive and yes the mule pulleys and belt guard are different. I know the later sickles have a tag on the frame but those are 917.25120 sickles.
I would like to find the differences in the older sickles so I could identify one in case I ran across and older 60639 one someday.

#17 RickyH OFFLINE  

RickyH

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 11:06 AM

Nice DB in the pictures Ricky. I had an old McCulloch generator with a 7HP Briggs on it that was almost identical to the engine in the pictures. Ran like a top and almost always started on the first pull.

I agree. Nice motors. I have a 7hp (1968) on an old Gilson tiller that is great too. Always loved the old Briggs motors.

#18 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 120 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 05:37 AM

I helped John work out the decals and got a det from him, just not sure when I'll have time to paint. I would never paint yours though, looks to good!!!! I did just pick up two gold ones and hope to make one nice one, need the electric start cover though.

#19 pete50 OFFLINE  

pete50

• Member No: 6604
  • 2 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hi Rick,
Great looking suburban seems to be in great shape!

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Rick my friend, please stop posting pics of that DB....making me miss the one I stupidly let go over 20yrs ago! LOL Just kidding of course....love that machine! Post pics often!:smile1:

#21 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 08:47 PM

Welcome Ricky. Great DBs. I love the sickle bar. Glad you are here.

#22 RickyH OFFLINE  

RickyH

• Contributor
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 04, 2011 - 07:52 AM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really do enjoy the heck out of these old tractors. Not just using them but also maintaining them and especially learning about them is a big part of the fun too.

#23 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 02:22 AM

Rick my friend, please stop posting pics of that DB....making me miss the one I stupidly let go over 20yrs ago! LOL Just kidding of course....love that machine! Post pics often!:smile1:

So if i posted a herdthe herd.jpg of DB Suburbans, would that make you feel, better or worse?