OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:16 AM

that EVERY time I buy a new or used tractor and it's time to get it, that it ALWAYS rains?

In June 2010 I bought a new MTD Cub Cadet. (Have pity on me, that was in my "Pre Bolens" days, and I needed something quick for mowing the grass since I had just moved here) Just as as the dealer's truck was pulling up in front of the house and starting to back the trailer into my driveway to deliver it, the sky opened up and dropped about 3" of rain in the next 2 hours.

In mid May this year, I bought the G10 from a Craigslist Ad. Got the trailer on the way there, and just after pulling out from getting the trailer, here came the rain. Not a deluge this time, but a steady drizzle.

On the 18th of this month, just after the Wellington show while I still had the trailer that I rented for that, I found the 1256 and Ez-Vac. Just as I was pulling out of the drive way to go get it, here came the rain again. It rained on us all the way there and back.

Now, I'm getting ready to head down to Columbus the pick up the Ebay 1256, and guess what the weather report is saying? Yup, you guessed it...rain. :wallbanging:
http://www.intellica...cation=USOH0722

I swear, I'm going start doing what the WWII fighter pilots did. I'm going to give all of them names. Cloud Burst I, Cloud Burst II ...

Maybe I can convince the State of Texas to furnish me with a place to live and funds to buy a lot of Bolens tractors at various places around the state. With my track record, I could break their drought.

Edited by OldBuzzard, September 30, 2011 - 06:22 AM.

• trowel said thank you

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:24 AM

Might be worth the try. They might just take you up on it.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 06:52 AM

Yes ,I have noticed that quite often.Either that,or all ready to do some work out side.