• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Brock OFFLINE  

Brock

• Member No: 6562
  • 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hi my name is Brock I am in IN. I love the site and have nibbed around and im excited to see some more of your great GTs.

First question is about the ih cub 782 steering. I can only get mine to turn one direction like it needs adjusted. I know my grandpa had trouble with the bearings poping out on the steering box but I think he just had it too tight.

Second question is about the rear hitch attachment. I want a sleeve or a 3 pt??? I don't know what is better for what. And has anyone made one for this tractor and how would it hook up.

Lastly I think you guys should start a fel only sticky for fel and backhoes and how to do the plumbing and everything for us new guys to see how one goes together, maybe a parts list too please. Thanks in advance to any replies.

#2 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 06:39 PM

Welcome to GTtalk

#3 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 06:56 PM

First off, Wlecome to the GT Boards. On the steering issue unless someone has changed one of the linkages it should turn almost equal distances both ways. The way the steering box is setup in them they have quite a bit of throw at the box and unless it is binding and stopping or the drag link has been changed it should turn the front wheels either direction.

On the hitch IH built 82 series with the exception of the 982 came with sleeve hitches. IH actually called their lift for the sleeve hitches a 3 point hitch as it has two lower points and the actual lift arm is the third. There are Category "0" 3 point hitches out there that can be put on a 782 but I feel for most things a regular sleeve type hitch and its corresponding style equipment will serve just as well.

By the way we like pictures. Again welcome aboard.

#4 Brock OFFLINE  

Brock

• 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 07:02 PM

Thank you very much I will check that out on the steering. Where does the bar go up to so it can lift the rear hitch. I know whatyou are talking about cubguy with the hitch style and im hoping to build one soon. I will also try to get some pictures up soon of the 782. Thank you for your help.

#5 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 07:09 PM

Welcome to GTTalk Brock! We are glad you signed up! Be sure to sign up for our members map! The sleeve hitches work well, and there is a couple good aftermarket CAT."o" hitches. As said above we love pictures! Shawn

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 07:10 PM

:wave: Brock Welcome to GTTalk! It's great to have you here with us! We'd love to see some pictures of you Cub when you get the chance! Thanks for signing up!

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,264 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 07:19 PM

:welcometogttalk:
The sleeve hitch implements seem to be a little more reasonably priced and still pretty prolific in most areas.

#8 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 09:57 PM

Welcome to gttalk brock , mh81 is right on the money , sleeve hitch stuff is cheaper and easier to find , cub did offer the cat 0 three on the 782 , and though there rare they also had 2000 rpm pto option.
What year is your 782?

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 02:25 AM

:welcometogttalk:Glad to have you here with us. Scroll down the forum page and check out the 'Site How-To' section. Lots of good info in there to help with pic posting and such. Have a good day!

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 30, 2011 - 04:24 AM

Brock,welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.
You have a good tractor there,the 782's are a well built machine.

#11 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 06:39 PM

Welcome to gttalk brock , mh81 is right on the money , sleeve hitch stuff is cheaper and easier to find , cub did offer the cat 0 three on the 782 , and though there rare they also had 2000 rpm pto option.
What year is your 782?

To clarify this a bit further IH did not offer the Cat 0 hitch on the 782. Cub Cadet Corporation on the other hand DID offer the Cat 0 hitch for the 782 in both the gas and diesel versions. As for the 2000 RPM PTO it was only offered on the 982 by both IH and CCC.

#12 Brock OFFLINE  

Brock

• 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hi guys sorry I havent replied was at drill allweekend. Anyhow. I think im going to try to come up with a three point hitch for my 782 since it would give me more adjustment abilities and would work for more attatchments and I could make an adapter for sleeve hitch accessories. I cant wait to get my new garage in order so I can work on my gt. Also can anyone tell me how to post pictures I tried searching for how to but didnt find anything. Thank you.

#13 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 06:20 PM

Welcome...dude those are neat tractors!

#14 Brock OFFLINE  

Brock

• 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 06:24 PM

Thank you. I love it so far from what ive gotten to use it.

#15 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted October 03, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Brock wait till you, so some minor mods to it ...the ones that make it look better, and function better like the hitch you're after...man when that happens...just invest in a new barn cuz you'll most certainly own more...I don't know beans about these cubs...but I do know everyone that has one loves it!

As far as your photo question goes...here is how I do it...although there are other ways.
Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
create an account (Free) then create an album...name it something appropriate like first photos or whatever...then click the upload photos then you'll see a transfer screen come up showing how your 'transfer is going...once complete it will take you to a screen where it shows your uploads to that folder...then you choose the last option which is the IMG code when you click on it (notice inside it will say "copied" for about 5 seconds...then you go to the forum and click where ever you want to 'insert the pic' (hit paste or control and V at the same time) and you'll see some text that looks like this...
X IMG]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll332/Adrenalin540/Spirit%20photos/IMG_4073.jpg[/IMGX (note I change the leading bracket so you could see this...the leading bracket will be [ and the trailing bracket will be ] for clarity... then your pic will look like
Posted Image
and you can paste as many as you'd like...this is the 'indirect way' but very functional and takes up less storage on GTTalk servers...

GL