#16 big red dog OFFLINE  

big red dog

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6580
  • 22 Thanks
  • 81 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 08:55 PM

I may have a couple of shareware lying around... Have to keep 6ter going for the kids...Shoot me a line tell me what (IMHO),not meaning to sound cocky, and i search and find it...

#17 big red dog OFFLINE  

big red dog

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6580
  • 22 Thanks
  • 81 posts

Posted October 01, 2011 - 08:57 PM

Try FOX Reader PRO to seperate .pdf from flash.... You'll never go back...

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 09:15 AM

I have downloaded it several times, tried it in Foxit Reader 7 Caberet Stage. They both opened it fine.

if you get that funky characters thing, check the extension. Sometimes, it will save as .html instead of .pdf

if you change it to pdf, it should open.

#19 fireman OFFLINE  

fireman

• Member No: 1275
  • 12 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted October 02, 2011 - 07:33 PM

That did the trick! Thanks!

#20 sgtrock1976 OFFLINE  

sgtrock1976

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6802
  • 4 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 11:23 AM

Finding manuals to these older tractors, on this site, is absolutely incredible.

#21 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted October 12, 2011 - 08:17 PM

Finding manuals to these older tractors, on this site, is absolutely incredible.

And just think, the cost of only one of these John Deere manuals would buy you 5 years worth of site supporter membership. And we have access to a whole libraries worth of manuals for most brands of tractors.

#22 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Wow, I didn't think I would ever get done. I had started on it before our basement got flooded and then it was put on hold for a couple of weeks. I finally started back on it the other day. I gotta admit it isn't the best scanning job I have ever done and I knew it wouldn't be the greatest because of it being a bound paperback. Thankfully it held together as I would have felt bad giving Gibby back a manual that was messed up even though he said it would be alright.

It is uploading now, I will post a link to it once it is done. I will be straight up, the manual is huge and I don't have time to split it up into smaller sizes right now. So for the meantime you will either need to be a senior member which is a member with 100 posts or a site supporter to download it. Please don't ask me when I will have time to split it down. I have a lot of stuff that takes priority.

time seems to stop while your doing that . i know i scanned that 400 manual and it took awhile .
  • 318 said thank you

#23 Wylie OFFLINE  

Wylie
  • Member No: 60186
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:48 AM

Good afternoon, I have tried to locate this manual for the 317 in the manual section but have not been able to find it. Would you guys be able to point me in the right direction please? Thanks very much!

Greg

#24 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,903 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 01:06 PM

By order of the JD legal department, all JD manuals were removed.

#25 Wylie OFFLINE  

Wylie
  • Member No: 60186
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 01:26 PM

Cat,

Thanks for the reply. Been searching on the net everywhere and doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Funny how the cheaper brands have all of the manuals available for free download right from their sites including parts books and everything.  If anyone would care to share what they have available for pto clutch servicing out of the book I would appreciate it gogglespizono@hotmail.com

Thanks again guys