• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,344 Thanks
  • 4,936 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 11:06 PM

As far as I know all the BX type belts are raw rubber edged belts. Your going to have a hard time finding a V-belt that will transfer more horse power. They are notorious for not slipping. We had large ammonia compressors in our facility that we had to run wrapped belts on for this reason. They also generate a lot of friction when pulling into the pulley groove which in turn creates heat. On a garden tractor this is not an issue as long as you don't try and use the belt as a clutch. I was a plant engineer for 31 years and spent a lot of that time involved with large horse power belt drives. When set up properly they are still a good way to get work done.

#17 whjoel OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7307
  • 7 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 05:32 PM

I know I'm late on this but can't help that as I just joined recently. But I don't have any problems killing my really good running Kohlers on my wheelhorses. One is a 12 and the other is a 16 running E85. And beleive me I thought my 12 ran great until I got the 16 running! It amazes me how well it pulls! It hauls down the track!

#18 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

• Member No: 4355
  • 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 02:39 PM

on my cub puller i use a dodge dart carrier,fine spline axels and ring gear.the dart ring gear matches up the pinion in the cub rear end.or you could go with a spooled rear end.

#19 nev OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4041
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 11, 2012 - 07:19 PM

I hope this is a winter project I'm really late. if your pulling stock belts are just fine My son pulls a ss12 with a16hp tec. from 1150lb class to 2500lb class and the belt never slips. The tractor eather spins or stalls out.