#16 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted October 13, 2011 - 12:30 PM

So many shows this time of year. Last year I went to Coolsprings for the first - AWSOME! I plan on being at Jacktown on Saturday.

Glad you had a good time at Coolspring! You were about three miles from my house. Shawn

#17 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 02:06 PM

Wondering how parking will be with the rain we have had this week?

#18 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 03:30 PM

Wondering how parking will be with the rain we have had this week?

if its like the spring show the parking was fine. the fairgrounds were a whole different story. everyone was walking throught 6" of mud and a lot of trucks getting stuck. Wear Boots!
  • earthgrinder said thank you

#19 Byron R OFFLINE  

Byron R

• Member No: 57
  • 57 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hey Joe :: be sure to take and post pics..for us that can't make the Jacktown show..B,

#20 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Here are some photos I took today at Jacktown.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3948 (Medium).jpg
  • IMG_4002 (Medium).jpg
  • IMG_3973 (Medium).jpg
  • IMG_3983 (Medium).jpg
  • IMG_3945 (Medium).jpg

• grand, powerking56 and Gtractor have said thanks

#21 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted October 15, 2011 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for posting the pics. I hope with the recent rain the show grounds were in good shape.

#22 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 08:04 AM

It was muddy but nothing like the spring show. My Father and i spend about 4 hours there. From what i hear the spring and summer shows have a lot more tractor stuff for sale.
I did get to make a short video of a Mead Mighty Mouse. interesting to see only 5/16" rod holding the track pads together.
We really enjoyed the tractor pulling even though the track was muddy.
I cant wait for the spring show already.

#23 bontai Joe OFFLINE  

bontai Joe

• Member No: 6552
  • 6 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 12:13 PM

I didn't have a camera, but there was a lot of neat stuff to see. Earthgrinder's photo of the Bantam collection shows the largest group of Bantam tractors I ever saw. There was a Roof manufacturing Palamino mower (looks like a mini Jeep with a mower deck under it) for sale in the flea market. The owner wasn't around, so I have no idea what he was asking for it. Another fella had a Deere 200 series garden tractor that had been repowered with a hit & miss engine. I enjoyed the tractor pulls, even though the track was kinda mucky. I found myself looking at the tractor drivers and the 14 year old kid driving a pre-WWII tractor brought me a smile. I got to wondering just how many generations of a family had sat in that seat. And there was another tractor that quite possibly had the original owner in the seat (an "old timer" that seemed to know his machine better than some guys know their wives). I just love listening to 75 year old machinery that runs as good as new. I got there around noon and left about 3:30 with apple dumplings to go. They will be desert for tonight's dinner when my wife comes home from work. In the flea market area, there was a fella with close to a dozen machinest's tool boxes full of tools. If anyone needed any kind of micrometer, that was the day to buy one. I was limited by budget, but did manage to get a couple of tools. The weather was great, not too hot, not too cold. The flea market area was sold out of spaces, so there was a lot of stuff there for sale.

No one came up to me and say "Hey Joe, how are you doing?" so I don't know if I was there the same time frame as the rest of you guys. I had a really good day.

#24 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hey Joe, I guess we need some kind of id to wear when at a show so we can identify one another. Quite possibly I past by you because I am terrible at remembering faces from photos. I should have identified myself by saying I would be the guy with the ROTOTILLER baseball cap. Did you happen to see the Worhtington tractor display along with the powered wheel-barrow? All that belonged to a gentleman I got to know some years ago by the name of Harley Collins. He just published a book on his extensive research on the Worthington Golf Course Tractors.

#25 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 03:25 PM

I didn't have a camera, but there was a lot of neat stuff to see. Earthgrinder's photo of the Bantam collection shows the largest group of Bantam tractors I ever saw. There was a Roof manufacturing Palamino mower (looks like a mini Jeep with a mower deck under it) for sale in the flea market. The owner wasn't around, so I have no idea what he was asking for it. Another fella had a Deere 200 series garden tractor that had been repowered with a hit & miss engine. I enjoyed the tractor pulls, even though the track was kinda mucky. I found myself looking at the tractor drivers and the 14 year old kid driving a pre-WWII tractor brought me a smile. I got to wondering just how many generations of a family had sat in that seat. And there was another tractor that quite possibly had the original owner in the seat (an "old timer" that seemed to know his machine better than some guys know their wives). I just love listening to 75 year old machinery that runs as good as new. I got there around noon and left about 3:30 with apple dumplings to go. They will be desert for tonight's dinner when my wife comes home from work. In the flea market area, there was a fella with close to a dozen machinest's tool boxes full of tools. If anyone needed any kind of micrometer, that was the day to buy one. I was limited by budget, but did manage to get a couple of tools. The weather was great, not too hot, not too cold. The flea market area was sold out of spaces, so there was a lot of stuff there for sale.

No one came up to me and say "Hey Joe, how are you doing?" so I don't know if I was there the same time frame as the rest of you guys. I had a really good day.

If i saw you i would have said hello. I was there from 10-2.

Warren that had the Palamino Mower doesnt own it. It was a friend of his. They are very rare. I think he was saying under 300 built with the jeep body. Warren lives about a mile from me and is a Jacktown regular as well as many other shows.

The flea market seemed more like a lot of flood merchandise to me. I was disappointed in the flea market items compared to the spring show but i still had a great time and will continue to attend.

#26 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 04:39 PM

The fall show is the only one of the Jacktown shows that I have attended and this was probably the 3rd time. I am always impressed with the large attendance. Rough & Tumble has a spring, summer, and fall show. The spring and fall shows that I have been to are very small compared to the August show. There must be a very dedicated group running the shows!

Jacktown is on the ball as I see they have next years dates already posted for their first 3 shows of the year.

#27 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 05:49 PM

The fall show is the only one of the Jacktown shows that I have attended and this was probably the 3rd time. I am always impressed with the large attendance. Rough & Tumble has a spring, summer, and fall show. The spring and fall shows that I have been to are very small compared to the August show. There must be a very dedicated group running the shows!

Jacktown is on the ball as I see they have next years dates already posted for their first 3 shows of the year.

I just started doing shows this year. I went to Jacktown Spring and Fall, Rough and Tumble august, Windsor Steam-o-Rama september and Olde Tyme Days/ LAGC extravaganza august. Im looking forward to doing even more next year.
Jacktown is an hour from me and the other shows are about 3 hours. It really is a lot of fun.

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hey Joe, I guess we need some kind of id to wear when at a show so we can identify one another.

May I suggest one of these? LOL
http://gardentractor...1271811548-jpg/

#29 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 06:31 PM

I had on my GTtalk tee shirt but it was hard to see even with my jacket opened how about selling sweatshirts ? Took a few pictures of odd ball things , here's a IR portable radial air compressor , 3 compressor cylinders and 3 cylinders that are for running it ( gasoline powered ) the fellows had it hooked up to a chain saw , I scratched my head " why ? " he told me it was for cutting piers underwater !!! He even ran it for us ! PA160302.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• PA150295.jpg
  • PA150296.jpg

#30 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Sounds like yet another great PA show! I wish I had time and resources to attend them all! Thanks for the pics earthgrinder!