#61 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Cool! So I really like that bigger 1040 model. Liked some that were 30 models too , I guess. Does 1040 just mean 10hp and 40" cut, or not that way? Seems 10hp would be small for that big of tractor, but they didn't have all that big in older rigs I guess. I love flat-top fenders, big rear wheels. I want one! Now I'm gonna be looking for one after selling some of my others this winter.

#62 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Cool! So I really like that bigger 1040 model. Liked some that were 30 models too , I guess. Does 1040 just mean 10hp and 40" cut, or not that way? Seems 10hp would be small for that big of tractor, but they didn't have all that big in older rigs I guess. I love flat-top fenders, big rear wheels. I want one! Now I'm gonna be looking for one after selling some of my others this winter.

Ya when I first started collecting ...Jack hooked me up with an LAGC (T) I first saw a speedex, and I thought 'wow' those are cool. The whole engine moves forward when you step on the pedal to engage the transmission. I was amazed, and I thought one day I'll get me one, then I bought one, (see avatar), a week later Jack (again...notice the pattern?) sends me an email and says look at this...an ebay ad for an entire collection of Speedexes 30minutes from his house. I called the gentleman and asked if I could see it, he was real gracious and I saw at once, this is the motherload of speedexes. He had a LOT of tractors and speedex stuff that he was parting with. I made an offer, after the Ebay bid didn't get to his price, he called and I bought all of them. What a deal, many run, I got decks, plows, blades, sicklebar mowers, brinly plows cultivators, 3 extra engines just more tractor stuff. Speedexes are not real common, they are simple and rugged machines. If you get one, you will get stares, and offers to buy...more so in person than on the net...go figure. People are attracted to the old school look and functionality.

Good Luck,
NutCASE
  • dimms32 and SamMC have said thanks

#63 dimms32 OFFLINE  

dimms32
  • Member No: 9016
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Nutcase..........If that sickle bar is 60 inches I would like to really have it for my s32.......They were only made for the s32.......Thanks for your time...........John............. :thumbs: :wewantpics: :wewantpics: :beerchug: :beerchug: P.S. would one of the engines happen to be a 14 hp kohler ????????????????????

Edited by dimms32, March 13, 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#64 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 07:27 PM

As for the sickle bar, I have 2 of em, one is operational on an s (I think 17), and the only Speedex with a Kohler I am aware of is the S18 which came with an 8hp Kohler. I am not the 'source' for all speedex information but to my knowledge, all the other speedexes came with Briggs... I am not adverse to making a 'sale' or 'swap' but it would have to be mutually beneficial. As for pictures early on in this post I have pics, and I think in this forum I have posted videos of my speedex move...

• dimms32 and SamMC have said thanks

#65 dimms32 OFFLINE  

dimms32
  • Member No: 9016
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 07:45 PM

NutCASE.............The s32 had a 14 hp Kohler on it........And i am not to sure if mine is any good............ :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

#66 GMGarski OFFLINE  

GMGarski

• Member No: 6220
  • 6 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 03:06 PM

Nice collection of speed ex's -- thanks for showing

#67 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thank You that was nice of you to comment...I am going to take one, not sure which one yet, to a plow day that a local guy is having, I look forward to getting some nice pictures then. I will probably take either one of the big guys, or my S-24 round nose the one in my profile pic, although I am not sure...
  • bgkid2966 said thank you

#68 bgkid2966 ONLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Great find and looks like you will be having alot of fun with those. Is there enough time for all the seat time required? Thanks for sharing and love the pics and video!

Geno
  • CASENUT said thank you

#69 SamMC OFFLINE  

SamMC
  • Member No: 30776
  • 208 Thanks
  • 171 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Wow! I am feeling a little guilty for my jealousy. What a great collection. I know a certain gardener who could put that siclebar mower to work if you ever want to get rid of it.